Monday, November 2, 2009

Welcome to Angela Caperton's guest blog



WELCOME THE EXTASY’S HALLOWEEN HOOLIGANS


In league with a wonderful group of eXtasy authors, here’s Halloween our offerings, as you can see below or in out incredible trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0l13ROXuzw


REINCARNATED DEATH WISH
by Courtney Breazile
Release date: 10/15/09


To experience passion is to choose death.


IN THE SPIRIT
By CR MOSS
Release date 10/15/09

Can love heal death's soul?


UNSEEN PATH
By Jambrea Jo Jones
Release date 10/31/09

The road not traveled reveals a destiny unfulfilled.


GREEN FLASH
by Angela Caperton
Release date 10/31/09

During Halloween bacchanal Fantasy Fest, will Claire embrace her own desires
and learn the true nature of the green flash?



BLOODY PASSION
by Laura Tolomei
Release date 10/31/09

The Druid, the hunter,his apprentice: sex, powe, and transformation…wWhat else?


And for fun, we each asked 3 questions about our Halloween fantasies and here’s all our answers:

Laura’s 3 questions.

1) What Halloween creature would you bring on a deserted island?

Ooh! Good question! Hmm… I think a black cat familiar. A magical one, of course, that can change into a rakish lover.

2) What Halloween creature would you choose to become?


An owl! I live in the woods and I see them and hear them this time of year. We have a mating pair of Barred Owls that live on our property and every fall I love listening to them call to each other. I think it would be wonderful to fly and hunt by moonlight.

3) What would be the perfect Halloween soundtrack?


I’m a Loreena McKennitt fan, and her albums are some of the most beautiful and haunting songs and music I have heard. Mysterious, atmospheric, light and dark, she is the slice of frozen time that is Samhain – that is Halloween.

Angela’s 3 questions:

1) What's the sexiest Halloween costume you've ever worn? (or the best, or the funniest)


I went as a VERY sexy witch one year – complete with black lace bustier, shredded short skirt, and heels. I even had a ribbon wrapped broom!

2) What's the funniest thing that ever happened to you at Halloween?


Several years ago, a good friend of mine and I were hosting a Halloween party we’d been planning for months. One of the treats we made was vodka soaked grapes. We soaked them over night and as we were getting ready for the party, we were both sneaking grapes from the bowl. Completely tipsy, we were trying to string up a decoration that was a “hanged man” from a hook in the ceiling. Trust me, you had to be there for the antics, but I cannot remember ever laughing so hard in my life.

3) Who - or what - in you Halloween eXtasy Books release do you consider the most Halloween-ish?


The setting is definitely the most Halloween-ish – in the Key West, FL, wild party sorta way! Fantasy Fest is the annual bacchanal in Key West that takes place during the week prior to Halloween. Costumes, themes and merriment are not just the desired content – it’s required! Fantasy Fest provides the backdrop for Green Flash.

Courtney’s 3 questions

1) What is your favorite pumpkin seed recipe, or pumpkin if you don't eat the seeds?


I love pumpkin seeds, but I'm not very creative with recipes using them. I just like eating them right out of the shell. I do make a pumpkin spice pudding that is pretty awesome! And I like pumpkin pie. Yum!

2) What is your favorite Halloween Movie?


Ooh! I have LOTS, but probably the movie I tend to watch at Halloween is called "I Walked With a Zombie". It's an old black and white horror film produced by Val Lewton. My partner Drake wrote a review of it for a series of blog entries we did last year covering our favorite horror films over the century. You can read the review (and my review of another great horror film, "The Picture of Dorian Gray") at http://blog.angelacaperton.com/2008/09/20/a-century-of-dark-imagination-sophisticated-shadows-19401949.aspx

3) What would be the scariest thing in a Haunted House for you?


Hmm...Freaked out clowns. I can handle the chainsaw killers, the ghouls and zombies, but scary clowns...no. I am not a fan of regular clowns, so scary ones I'll pass on!

C.R.’s 3 questions

1) Do you like/dislike the Halloween season & why?


I LOVE Halloween. It is absolutely my favorite holiday. I love everything about it - I like the fun, the chills, the great scary movies, the bags of insanely addictive candy, the costumes, the innocence, the darkness.... I could go on for hours. And being someone of somewhat pagan inclinations, I love the symbolism, traditions and meanings in so much of what modern culture calls "fun". I love embracing the dark, the whimsy, and the inherent fun in poking at our fears. So, yes, I'm very pro Halloween! Will have a bit of a party this year, co-hosted by my sister!

2) What is/was your favorite Halloween candy?


Okay, hands down, my favorite Halloween candy is (no, not all of it!) is the mini-Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! I *LOVE* those things, and I'm sorry, the seasonal ones are better than their normal variety. Maybe they're fresher, I don't know, but give me one of those and I'll kiss your feet. Give me a bag...well, it's pretty shameless. Second - it's a tie - Mary Jane's and Bit-O-Honey's. YUM. Excuse me now. I need to go to the store...

3) Do you carve pumpkins?


Oh yes! It's been a few years, but yes, I do love carving them. The last time was a few years ago when I hosted a Halloween party. I live in the country and in the US South, so without a real compelling reason to carve one (they tend to mold and begin to rot pretty quick with the heat and humidity), I don't usually indulge. This year, my sister and I will host a small get-together, to I'm already looking for ideas of what I will carve!

Jambrea’s 3 Questions

1) If you could dress up as anyone for Halloween, who would it be?


Marlene Dietrich from her Blue Angel days! She absolutely oozed sexuality, could pull off masculine as well as feminine clothing, and always, always looked like a million bucks!


2) Halloween costumes: Sexy or Scary? Which do you like better?


Sexy all the way! It’s always fun to see how far I can go before having to consider the obscenity laws in this neck of the woods!

3) Do you have any Halloween traditions? If so, what?


I have two that are uniquely mine. I collect pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns (ceramic, wood, glass, whatever) and I always display them in my house. The other tradition I started about ten years ago, I bake Monster Cookies for my work mates. The recipe calls for M&Ms and I use the black and orange special Halloween variety in the recipe instead of the usual multicolored.


How did Halloween become sexy?


In America, most of our Halloween traditions come from Celts and Catholics, with a little help from Hollywood and Hallmark. Halloween is a rite of passage for kids, as wise parents give their little goblins a little more freedom each year to roam the neighborhood on one special night. Sadly, for many kids, Halloween has become collateral damage in the culture wars, but in spite of fundamentalist objections, the holiday is second only to Christmas in terms of commercial value and active celebration.


But how did it become sexy?


When we put on masks, we can lose our inhibitions, and Halloween, with its culture of imagination and excess is a natural venue for unbridled sexuality. Remember all those things witches were accused of doing at their sabbats, the naked flying and orgies? Well, those Medieval witch-hunter wet dreams have modern equivalents in events like the Exotic Erotic Ball in San Francisco and private adult parties everywhere, where masks may be the only garments that stay on.


The biggest and sexiest Halloween event in the country has to be Fantasy Fest in Key West Florida, a week long celebration of hedonism and naked fun in a city that knows how to throw a party. So where better to set a sexy Halloween story?


My novella Green Flash is the story of woman whose job and temperament make her somewhat of an outsider in the middle of this orgy of rum, body paint, and casual sex. Claire Morian is the sexton of a historic cemetery and while her boyfriend is dazzled by nude nymphets and the prospects of ménage delights, Claire wants to spend some time among Key West’s graves. In her explorations, she meets two mysterious men who not only understand her preferences, but who may well embody her darkest desires.


The green flash is a phenomenon of light that is often experienced in Key West, the last kiss of sunset to mark the passage of day into the wonders of night. I hope you will join Claire as she makes the journey.


I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween. And smile – we’re less than a year away from the next!


**


Links:


Buy link for Green Flash


Fantasy Fest l


My Bio:



Angela Caperton’s eclectic erotica spans many genres, including romance, horror, fantasy and what she calls contemporary-with-a-twist. Look for her stories published with Cleis, Circlet Press, Drollerie Press, eXtasy Books, and in the indie magazine Out of the Gutter.



Visit Angela at http://www.angelacaperton.com and http://blog.angelacaperton.com





Don’t forget to check out our blogs, too:


Angela Caperton

Courtney Breazile

C.R. Moss

Jamboree Jones

Laura Tolomei

This is going to be the best Halloween yet with eXtasy Books - Vampires, Shifters and Sex - A Match Made in Hell itself!

No comments: