Date published: December 1st, 2011
ISBN: 978-1-61372-305-0
Fantasy/Paranormal M/M, Holiday, Novella
E-book
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Publisher

I have never read Eon de Beaumont’s books before but if THE VANGUARD’S GIFT is a hint of what his books are like, then I am sold as a new reader fan. The story was fun, sexy and mysterious all at the same time. The characters were enjoyable and I loved this author’s writing style. The writing was tight, the story moved at a nice, even pace and the sparks that fly between Crispus and Michael were smoldering. Mr. de Beaumont delivers a story that will have you laughing on minute (go dwarf go!) and another gripping the edge of your seat as the action heats up with the bad guys. The characters were multi-dimensional and I fell in love with Crispus and Michael immediately. I can’t help it I have a thing for elves.
I have to stress though this is a short story, it packs lots of drama, laughter and passion within its pages. This is an author I can’t wait to explore more of in the future. THE VANGUARD’S GIFT is a fun, action filled story that will leave you breathless till the very end. Eon de Beaumont is a talented storyteller who knows how to lure his readers in and then snap them up with a flick of a pen stroke. I am really hoping we get to see Crispus and Michael in a longer story in the future. THE VANGUARD’S GIFT is a gift of a story that will charm any reader who enjoys elves, surly dwarves and magic among the holidays.
This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this review.
No comments:
Post a Comment