Saturday, March 2, 2013

Margaret Mallory Talks About Her Highland Warriors (And a Contest)



In another time and place “four fearless warriors return to the Highlands to claim their lands and legacies. But all their trials on the battlefield can't prepare them for their greatest challenge yet: winning the hearts of four willful Scottish beauties.”

Leave a comment or question for Ms. Mallory to be entered into a contest to win a copy of The Warrior!  

Meet the woman behind the men….in kilts! 

Hi Margaret! Welcome and thank you for taking time to talk with us today.  I can’t wait to find out more about the woman behind the pen….errr computer.

For our readers new to you, how long have you been writing?

I’ve been writing novels for seven or eight years.

Do you ever think about going back to being a lawyer? Not even if Ian, Duncan, Alex or Connor asked for some help?

I don’t think my Highlanders would need the kind of lawyer I was. J  I worked mostly in jobs devoted to improving care for the elderly and services for abused children. While I’m glad I did that work for so long, writing romance novels is what I want to do now.


Most people envision an author’s life as being really glamorous. What’s your take on this?

In my old jobs, I spent a great deal of time in meetings, and I had to dress up every day. One of my favorite things about being a writer is that I get to work in sweatpants or jeans. I try to arrange to meet a friend to walk or have coffee a couple of times a week, but I can go days without leaving the house. I spend a lot of time alone in front of my laptop—which doesn’t sound too glamorous!

What is the most glamorous thing you’ve done as an author?

I had a book nominated for a RITA, which is like the OSCARS for romance novelists. The award ceremony, which takes place on the last night of the national RWA convention, is quite a glamorous event. I got married in a tea-length dress, so the RITA awards ceremony was the first time I’d worn a full-length formal since my high school prom.

I don’t think I’m the only one who enjoyed Niall’s parts in the books. What are the chances of him having his own book?

A lot of readers have asked me to write a book for Niall, and I’d love to write him a story. I’m working on another Scottish historical series now, so I don’t know when I can get to it. But Niall is still young. He has time to wait for me. ;)

Thank you for taking some time with us today! 

You can learn more about Margaret Mallory at:  Margaret Mallory

Check out our reviews of her wonderfully told tales at:









 

No comments: