Sunday, March 20, 2022

AGED TO PERFECTION by multiple authors

 

The Raven
February 15th, 2022
ASIN #: ‎ B09KXCX11Z
Paranormal Women’s Fiction, Romance
E-ARC
Reviewed by Dawn (
love2read28@gmail.com)
Obtained by Author
4.5 Hearts

Nineteen tales of older women finding their voices, finding love, and enjoying their second act in life. Get ready for AGED TO PERFECTION. This anthology has new and established authors telling tales that will sure tickle your imagination.

I will review the following three stories below:

Weaver’s Web by Yasmine Galenorn: When paranormal investigator and witch January Jones goes away for Valentine’s Day with her werewolf boyfriend, Killian, both find something more at the B&B they are at then meets the eye as ghosts, vampires and more crash their romantic vacation.

Running with the Devil by Mandy M. Roth: When a witch finds her ex in her small magic shop claiming he was set up for a murder, can she put aside her past with him in order to figure out who is out to destroy him?

My Big Fat Hairy Wedding by Robyn Peterman: When a forty-something werewolf supermodel is getting married to the Devil’s daughter’s son, she finds that her demonic mother-in-law is the least of her problems and in this case, bridezilla is more of a momzilla…in Hell, literally.

I was thrilled to see some of my favorite authors here as well as a few new to me authors to try in this anthology that celebrates life after forty. Three of the stories I will review as there are just too many to give a review for individually. This anthology has a diverse set of established authors (Mandy M. Roth, Yasmine Galenorn, etc.) to new voices in the genre making their mark. I found the mix of both to have some hits (quite a few hits to be honest) and a few misses that didn’t quite gel with me as a reader. I will be honest, the paranormal women’s fiction genre is something that is fun, entertaining and really new to the world of books. I find that I like these books a lot with their very relatable characters being over forty and so diverse that it is hard to decide which called to me more.

First up, Weaver’s Web by Yasmine Galenorn. This is part of her Moonshadow Bay series that I just love, and I am thrilled to see January and Killian enjoying some time away from their home base. The story is full of unique characters, a lush scenery that left me wanting to visit and a mystery to solve. The author does a wonderful job keeping my attention as I sped through the book, and I felt it was on par with the past Moonshadow Bay books as it was filled to the brim with twists that I sure didn’t see coming. All in all, a wonderful novella in the series.

Next is Running with he Devil by Mandy M. Roth. This was one of the first stories I clicked on and found to be highly enjoyable, entertaining and had me on the edge of my seat a few times with anticipation. I loved the sparks that flew between Kerri and Patrick. The mystery that surrounded Patrick was intriguing and I felt this should have been a longer book because I really wanted to know more about these two. Overall, a great story that fit nicely in the anthology.

Finally, My Big Fat Hairy Wedding by Robyn Peterman. I got to admit this one had me laughing hysterically at times. Swoozie is a forty-five supermodel but also a werewolf who is marrying the Devil’s grandson. Add in a soon to be Mother-in-Law from Hell, the fact she doesn’t make friends easy and more well, let’s just say let the good times roll. This story was by far the perfect introduction to Ms. Peterman’s writing. The characters were highly entertaining, intriguing and one of the few stories that I can honestly say had me laughing from the first page to the last. I never wanted to know more about Swoozie and the rest of the gang than I did reading this story. The sheer fun that was in the story had me right from the start and I know I am going to check out this author’s books in the paranormal women’s fiction genre to see what else I can get my hands on.

Overall, AGED TO PERFECTION has some hits out of the ballpark and a few misses for me. The writing for some of the stories were fast paced and entertaining where a few others were just slow to heat up for me. I can say for the most part there were more hits than misses in this anthology for me that isn’t always the case. If you are looking for an anthology that gives you a mix of authors (new and old), stores to see if something may intrigue you to look more at the author’s books then try AGED TO PERFECTION and settle in for a fun time. I can highly recommend this anthology if you never read a paranormal women’s fiction book before. Perfect choice on a cold winter’s night.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement





No comments: