Saturday, May 20, 2023

IT'S BEEN A GOOD....LONG....RUN. THE TIME HAS COME TO CLOSE LR&M'S DOORS EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2023

Love Romances and More Reviews is coming to the end of our road. When we opened our virtual doors in 2000 we didn't have an end date in mind. All we wanted to do was provide honest reviews to readers. We reviewed all genres from romance to GLBT to mystery to non-fiction and everything in between. We *met* many fantastic authors and made new friends. We saw each other's children grow up, share the joy of getting a new pet when a loved one passed away, we started school and graduated and experienced so much of major life events with each other. Now, 23 years later, with fewer books being offered for review and so many changes in publishing and our lives, we've decided to close our virtual doors.  New reviews from our remaining staff of Gabrielle, Tammy, Dawn and Gina will be found at Dawn's Book Nook.  As a reviewer with us for these 23 years, the owner of the Love Romances Cafe, an author in her own right, as well as her own book review venue, we're happy to have a place to go. 
 
I am glad I got to join in on the fun and will always remember my reviewing for LR&M. It is sad to see that the site is not getting a lot of hits. Life continues on and another chapter is written. It sounds like you are in a good place and happy and that is what counts. 
 
Dawn leaves us with this closing message:  It's been a pleasure to review with y'all and I am so honored to have been in this journey with you. I am sad to see it close but I will still do the cafe on Facebook and you are welcome to come hang there with us (I am going change the intro to something else as I have it in conjunction with LR&M Reviews.)
 
Tammy says:  Life has gotten in the way.  I have enjoyed this journey with you these past years.  Wow!  The books we've had the pleasure to read and review!
 
And our most prolific reviewer, Gabrielle says:  I am glad I got to join in on the fun and will always remember my reviewing for LR&M. It is sad to see that the site is not getting a lot of hits. Life continues on and another chapter is written. It sounds like you are in a good place and happy and that is what counts. 
 
It's been an amazing and fun ride -- we can't wait for what comes next. 
 

No comments: