Thursday, October 16, 2008

What was your favorite Halloween Costume growing up?

Ghosts, goblins, witches and a host of other creepy crawlies....what was your favorite costume for Halloween? Did you ever go as one of your favorite characters? If so, what was it?

And, as you read through out latest reviews, consider which character you'd like most to be! At the end of the month we'll immerse each participant's name in our cauldron and the winner will receive a download of Regan Taylor's The True Story of the Wicked Witch.

4 comments:

Lil said...

Though we kids did go trick-or-treating, I never did go in costume.

My children were whining something awful recently and I whipped around to mimic those famous words:

I'll get you, my pretty! And your little dog, too! *ending with the suitable cackle*

Their eyes were well-rounded by the end. I later asked my husband if he had seen the expressions on their faces and he replied, "Yes...We know you aren't an actress, but that sounded far too authentic."

Now,I guess I'll have to get a proper Wicked Witch of the West costume.

Anonymous said...

Growing up, we didin't have much money but one year, I decided to be a mad scientist. Mymom worked in a nursing home and was sable to let me have one of those Doctor's jackets. We then added fake blood, a spooky name and other great stuff and my brther was the fiendish entity that I was working on. It was fun!

Dawn

Cathy said...

My favorite costume was a handmade clown suit that my grandmother made. It has such great sentimental value, and I've got it stashed it away with the other prescious momentos from my childhood.

Asylumgirl said...

I loved dressing up as Cleopatra and I did so several years in a row. :)

Deidre