Sunday, August 16, 2009

Welcome to Stormy Glenn's guest blog

Welcome Ms. Stormy Glenn to Love Romances and More, thank you for joining us.


Did you always want to become a writer?

Always. I dreamed of being a writer from a very early age and started writing several years ago but it was mostly for my own enjoyment. I never thought anyone would be interested in the stories I wrote.

What is the most, and the least interesting fact about writing?

The most interesting thing about writing for me is creating worlds. There really are no barriers. Whatever I can dream up, and I can dream up a lot, I can write about. The least interesting thing for me? Synopsis. I hate them. They’re harder to write than the story itself.


How did you celebrate your first release? What was it like to see your book in a bookstore? Do you have a special ritual for celebrating a book release?

I celebrated my first release by making homemade chicken cordon blue. Love it. The entire family came home for dinner that night. I still get a thrill every time I see my books. I even read them myself after they come out. It’s weird, especially for the books that have come out in print, to actually read them, to know that the words I am reading came from me. As for celebrating now? I still make chicken cordon blue every time I have a release. It’s kind of become my celebration dinner.


How did your family react to fact that you also write M/M romance novels? Have your family read your books?

As long as I’m happy doing what I do, they could really care less what I write. My husband brags to everyone that his wife writes erotic M/M romances. But no, he hasn’t read them. I have several friends that have though. They want autograph copies.


Most authors are also avid readers. Is this the case with you? If so, who are some of your favorites? Have any influenced your writing?

I am a very avid reader. I probably read twenty books a week, and that has cut way back since I started writing full time. I used to read much more. Some of my favourite authors? Wow, there are so many…Sean Michael, Carol Lynne, G.A. Hauser, D.J. Manly, T.A. Chase, Amber Kell…I could go on but there are just so many to list.


Your release date is really full, which I love as a fan of your books, do you have a problem with deadlines and have you ever suffered a writers block?


I don’t have a problem with deadlines but that’s because I don’t do proposals. I write a book then find a publisher to take it. I made the mistake of writing a proposal early on in my career and was given a deadline. I almost didn’t get the book done on time and decided then that I would never do that again. As for writer’s block, not too much of a problem. I have a lot of books in the works at any given time (29 at last count). If I get stuck on one, I move on to another one until I can come back on work on it.


Do you prefer stand-alone books or series?

I think both have a place. Sometimes there is a story in my head that just has to come out so I write it. I may not have any intention of expanding on it or turning it into a series. Other books need to be series books. I like telling the story of my characters, even minor ones, and not leave anyone hanging and wondering what happened to the minor people.



Your characters come to life in your books. Do you feel each of your characters live with you as you write? Do their lives sometimes take over a part of your life? Can you name an example? Do you have living role models for your characters?

I’m sure another writer would understand when I say that I see my characters in my head like watching a movie. I see the scenes actually happen and just try to put down on paper what I see. Thank goodness it’s in color.

As for taking over my life? I get characters yelling at me from time to time, wanting their story told or for me to finish a scene. The only example I can really give is all of the time I spend in front of my laptop. I just returned from a week in Las Vegas, a small vacation with my husband. Everytime he fell asleep I pulled my laptop out and started writing because I just had to write down what was going on in my head.

Living role models for my characters? That’s easy. My husband. He’s the best man I know. Besides being my husband, he’s my best friend. I try to put a little of what I’ve learned about being in a committed relationship into all of my love stories.


Where do you get the inspirations for your books?


Anywhere and everywhere. While in Vegas, we were leaving the pool and I saw a young man in a lifeguard uniform with a whistle. He was walking along the edge of the pool by the cabanas. I thought, hmmm…those cabanas have curtains that close. I’ll bet those lifeguards have seen everything working in Las Vegas. Wonder what I could come up with about a story called “Cabana Boy”? Still working on the storyline on that one.


Do you find it difficult at times to write love scenes?

Yes, it can get difficult at times. I often find myself writing (sex scene here) and moving on, coming back later. Sometimes, I will have to delay submitting a book for a couple of weeks because I haven’t written the love scenes yet.


What is your favorite book from the books that you have written so far? Who are your favorite hero and heroine, and why?

My favourite book so far? I love all of my books, mostly because I write what I like to read but if I had to choose one book it would be either A Promise Kept or My Lupine Lover, both vastly different types of books. Vadim Miroslav from My Lupine Lover would have to be my favorite hero. He’s so strong and powerful but has a huge tender spot for his mate, Sasha. Well, at least I tried to convey that in the book.

My favorite heroine? Not many heroines in my stories so I’ll go with secondary heros. My favorite would probably be either Sasha from My Lupine Lover or Keeley from Just A Taste Of Me. Both characters know how to stand up for what they believe in even against insurmountable odds. They take care of the people they love and are not afraid to show their emotions.


You have written Paranormals, Fantasy, SciFi and Contemporaries, which is your favourite genre?

Paranormal is my favourite genre to write in. I love the dynamics between characters when the paranormal (magic, shape shifters, mental abilities, etc.) is involved. The funny thing is that I never know what genre I will be writing in until I write it. In Secret Desires, my first book, I was three chapters into the story before my characters informed me that they could shape shift. I had to go back retype over 30 pages.


Which book was the hardest to write and which the easiest?

The hardest book for me to write was A Promise Kept. I worked on it for almost 6 months before it was done. I had a story to tell and I wanted to tell it but sometimes it doesn’t always come out just how you think it might.

The easiest book I ever wrote was Sweet Treats. I just had this idea of writing a sweet little love story. Sat down at my laptop and had it done in two days. There are no major plots or mysteries. It’s simply a love story.


If you could travel through time to visit a special time period or famous person, what or who would it be and why?

I’m a huge history buff. Drives my husband batty. I’m always watching the history channel, reading books on history, etc. But if I had to choose on specific time period it would probably be the middle ages. So much happened during that time period. I just think it would be interesting.


Do you listen to music while you are writing and if so what music is it?

Nope. I’m a B Rated movie person. Love the SciF channel and anything that involves monsters or aliens in it. I also watch a ton of Law and Order, CSI, and the History Channel.


If you could choose of your books for a movie, which one would it be and who would you as the cast?

I think of all of my books, A Promise Kept would make the best movie. There’s a love story, a creepy stalker dude, and friends that help. I couldn’t tell you who I’d cast. I’m horrible with actor names. Clive Owen would be in there somewhere though. He is so HOT!!!

Are you working on anything right now, and can you tell us a teaser about these projects?

I’m always working on something. I’ve started the 5th book in my Tri Omega Mates series. This story is about Daniel, who was brought into the series in the first book, Secret Desires. The only teaser I can give since the story isn’t done yet is that his friends want him to find his mate since he is the last one of Jake’s pack that hasn’t been mated yet except that Daniel has already found his mate.


The other book I am working on is the sequel to A Promise Kept. This story is of Cooper and Alec, who were in the first book. Cooper and Alec have a history together that is mentioned in the first book. And this time, the creepy stalker dude is killing again.


Big congrats to your latest releases, can you please tell us something about them

I have two releases that came out in the last two weeks.

Call Me Sir

The night Logan James subbed for the bartender at his club, he had no idea the love of his life would walk through the door, but the moment he saw Joey MacIntire, he wanted him. The only problem? How to initiate someone so young and obviously innocent into Logan’s D/s lifestyle. Logan decides to bide his time and wait for Joey to get to know him better.


Joey MacIntire came to the city to find someone to call his own. Logan James embodies everything Joey could ever want in a man, but while he treats Joey kindly, he doesn’t seem interested in anything more than friendship. Still, Joey has hope . . . and many late night fantasies. But after a year of waiting for Logan to give him more than a passing glance, Joey finally gives up. He decides to stop wasting his time at Logan’s club and try out the new place across town. Dante’s Dungeon is a BDSM club, and Joey is totally unprepared for what he sees there and what he discovers about himself.


When Logan discovers Joey’s intentions, he decides he’s waited long enough. It’s time to claim Joey as his own. Things heat up between the two men and they settle into a life of domestic D/s bliss, but there are outside forces at work—forces intent on destroying Joey and Logan’s newfound happiness.

Click here for more information about CALL ME, SIR


Just A Taste Of Me

Reece knows Keeley is his mate the moment he meets him. But Keeley is not only human, he’s a man. Alpha of his own pack for just three months, having a man for a mate is a headache Reece doesn’t need. But not claiming his mate is not an option.

However, Keeley is unlike any man he has ever met…from the top of his gorgeous honey blond hair to the bottom of his fire engine red painted toenails, Keeley is hot! Reece becomes even more enchanted with his new mate when Keeley loses his temper with Reece and hits him with a cookie sheet.

Just when Reece accepts being mated to a man and starts to care for him, Keeley is attacked and nearly dies. Reece discovers a plot that involves more than just the death of his mate, but his entire pack. Can Reece save Keeley and his pack or will he have to choose between them?

Click here for more information about Just a taste of me


I also have a new book that will be released soon called The Master’s Pet

The world is in ruins, society divided into those who protect and those who need protection. That protection comes at a price, one that Jiri discovers when he's sold to Zane, leader of the Death Dealers.

He's shocked when Zane explains he wants Jiri as his own personal sex pet. But Jiri can't deny he's intrigued by Zane's proposal.

He wears the collar and leash Zane provides and prepares himself to be a possession. But the more he gets to know Zane, the more Jiri wants something more. He wants Zane to want him for him, and not just as a pet. But before Jiri can convince Zane of his desire, an attack comes from The Night Dwellers, one that could destroy them both.

Click here for more information about THE MASTER PET

18 comments:

judiebabie said...

Stormy, I love your books! My favorite is Katzman's Mate!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I really love your stories. It is my hope that you eat lots of chicken cordeu blu for a long time to come. The more releases the better it is for us readers.

Chris R

Theresa A said...

I love all your books, but my favorite is My Lupine Lover. I am really looking forward to all of your new stories. Can't wait for Cooper and Alec.

TheresaA

Dannyfiredragon said...

Morning Stormy,

I really love your stories. I just finished a Just a taste of me and that was another keeper. Looking forward to get Call me, Sir

Marie* said...

Hello Stormy
Thank you for all the hours of entertainment, looking forward to the next Wolf Creek Pack.
Marie*

Unknown said...

Stormy, I'm new to your books but love the couple that I have read. I look forward to reading more.

Stormy Glenn said...

Thanks Judie. Hope you like Dream Mate just as well.

Stormy

Stormy Glenn said...

29 books in the works, jrobe...should be eating chicken for awhile.

Stormy

Stormy Glenn said...

I'm alreayd in chapter 11 of Cooper and Alec's story. Hope to have it done soon.

Stormy

Stormy Glenn said...

Theresa, I'm glad you liked My Lupine Lover. It's also one of my favorites. I'm working on Tri Omega Mates #5. Vadim and Sasha make an appearence, as do many of our old friends.

Stormy

Stormy Glenn said...

Afternoon, Danny,
Glad you found my books. Hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them.

Stormy

Stormy Glenn said...

Dear Marie,
The next two Wolf Creek Pack books are well on their way and I hope to have them done soon. Hope you like them.

Stormy

Stormy Glenn said...

Rhonda,
thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you like the books. Always makes me feel good to know people are enjoying the crazy things in my head.

Stormy

Leaundra said...

Stormy, I love every one of your books and you're an autobuy for me. It was really nice getting to know you and how you write your books. I love when you have a new book coming out...Can't wait for the next one...

Missy Martine said...

Stormy, I never thought I would enjoy M/M stories, but I never miss one of yours. My personal favorite have the the Tri Omegas, and the Sweet Treats pair. I look forward to your new books.

Unknown said...

So far I've only read A Promise Kept, but am off to bookmark (re-bookmark, I recently lost them in a browser upgrade) some of your (just the m/m ones, 'cos that's my little niche) titles.
Cheers :)
p.s. May you serve Chicken Cordon Bleu frequently. *g*

D.J. Manly said...

I am glad you enjoy my work, Stormy!
Thanks.

D.J. Manly

titannia said...

Stormy .. i love your books.. my favorite is Call me Sir.. i love joey and logan. And a history about Daniel and Dante ? did you wrote this book?
kisses
Andreza