Friday, March 5, 2010

Welcome to Charisma Knight's guest blog


Welcome Charisma to Love Romances and More, thank you for joining us.


Thank you for having me, it’s good to be here.



Did you always want to become a writer?


I embraced the thought quite some time ago, but never seriously pursued erotic romance books until March 09.



What is the most, and the least interesting fact about writing?

The most interesting fact is knowing that somehow, my writing may bring pleasure, happiness, and a little message to those who read it.



How do you plan to celebrate your first release?

My first release, Her Dark Desires was in 11/09.


How did you celebrate your first release?

I celebrated by taking my daughters out to Olive Garden to eat, then on to Burlington for shopping.


What was it like to see your book in a bookstore?

It was awesome the first time I saw my ebook on the publisher’s site.


Do you have a special ritual for celebrating a book release?

Nothing really spectacular. Just going out to lunch or dinner and doing a little shopping with my girls.



How did your family react to fact that you write romance novels?

My mother is the only one who really cares and is supportive. She truly loves reading erotic romance and I’ve turned her on to as many authors as I can. Another family member was negative, so I don’t even speak to her about my writing.


Have your family read your book?

My mother has read and enjoyed both my releases as well as my free reads.



Most authors are also avid readers. Is this the case with you?

Yes, it is.


If so, who are some of your favorites? The list is long, but here goes. J. Hali Steele, Dahlia Rose, Eve Vaughan, Celeste Anwar, Shara Azod, Tressie Lockwood, Paige Tyler


Have any influenced your writing? Yes they have. I use all these ladies for inspiration in my writing. They give me hope to one day be where they are in their writing careers. I admire many of the authors who write the books I enjoy.



Do you feel each of your characters live with you as you write?


Yes, my characters are definitely in my head.



Do their lives sometimes take over a part of your life?

Yes, but in small ways.



Can you name an example?


For example, in The Beast Within, Diana has a habit of biting her lip. I’ve caught myself biting my lip at times when I’m at work or helping my children with homework.



Do you have living role models for your characters?

Yes


Where do you get the inspirations for your books?

Music, meditation. I find when I’m focused and clear of mind, ideas flow to me.


Do you find it difficult at times to write love scenes?

No way, I enjoy writing my love scenes.


Do you have a problem with deadlines and have you ever suffered a writers block?


No problem at all with deadlines. Yes, I have suffered from writers block. These are the times when I’m half-cocked and don’t meditate as much as I should.


Do you prefer stand-alone books or series (As a reader or a writer)?

As a reader and writer, I enjoy both.



If you could change places with one character from your book, who would it be and why?
Hmmm, I’m not sure. I’m guessing maybe Trina


What is your favorite book from the books that you have written so far? Who are your favorite hero and heroine, and why?


Currently, I’m waiting to hear back from a publisher regarding “Just an Average Vampire.” (This title may change as well.) This book is my favorite because although a paranormal, real life is sprinkled within. I hope it sends a positive message to women who have possibly suffered physical and mental abuse at the hands of husbands or boyfriends. I wrote this book because no matter how bad a situation is, a battered and emotionally bruised woman can rise from her ashes like the legendary Phoenix. She just has to be strong and make that decision not to take anymore of the BS.


Trina Jones and Cecil McKagen from this book are my favorite characters because Trina rebuilds her life after her divorce. She supports herself, asking no one for anything. Unfortunately, as we all know, life can sneak up and smack us in the head. It would seem at times, no matter how hard you try, you move a step forward and pulled back three. Trina goes through this after an operation that sets her back on her bills. She loses her car, and receives an eviction notice. She feels as though her back is up against a wall.


Cecil McKagen is the vampire who loves Trina with everything he has within. Always a dear friend, Trina was able to confide in Cecil. He sees her through her bad times, and ultimately they strongly act upon their love for each other. Their love is a strong, unbreakable bond. Unfortunately, negative influences from their past is hell bent on tearing them apart….



Would you like to give another genre a try?
Yes


Which book was the hardest to write and which the easiest?

Although it isn’t finished, Office Manager is the easiest to write, so was Daywalker.

I don’t think any of my books were hard for me to write.


If you could choose of your books for a movie, which one would it be and who would you as the cast? Daywalker – Hali Berry and Hugh Jackman



If you could travel through time to visit a special time period or famous person, what or who would it be and why?


I would travel through time to meet Jimi Hendrix. Why? Because there is a close connection with this artist. He died in 1970, a few months before I was born. Each time I listen to his music, I get chills. I love how Jimi expressed himself while playing his guitar. He was simply awesome. The music industry suffered a great loss. He has greatly influenced the rock and metal genre to this day. I often wonder how his gift would have progressed had he lived.


Do you listen to music while you are writing and if so what music is it?


Yes I do. Depending on my mood, I’m listening to rock and metal. I’ll switch to Blues, then a little R & B, and some New Age. The other day, I was listening to Lisa Lisa & The Cult Jam. I think the song, “All Cried Out” may have influenced another WIP I have.


Big congrats to your latest release, can you please tell us something about the book?


Thank you. Soul Seduction is about two hundred sixty year old vampire, Angelus Cronen who discovers his long lost soul mate, Vivienne. In modern times, she is called Veronique. Angelus ultimately discovers her soul and the fact that she is a high-end call girl.


Seething with anger, he decides the only way to enter her life is to pose as a client himself. The demon dwelling beneath Angelus’ human façade seeks to destroy Veronique out of pure bloodlust. This novella focuses on the hero and heroine’s discovery of one another. Ultimately, their bond is forged once again, as it was in Eighteenth Century New Orleans. Soul Seduction will be released March 19th.



Are you working on anything right now, and can you tell us a teaser about these projects?


Yes, I have several different projects I’ve been working on over the past few weeks.


The Ache – This piece is about a five hundred year old werewolf, Ayala who is captured by the Soul Seekers. What is her punishment for indulging in flesh and blood of the Gypsy folk? Her soul is captured and hurtled five hundred years into the future where she must assist and protect humans from a force darker than she ever was.



The Office Manager or Wolf’s in Sheep’s Clothing – I’m in between titles at the moment and just started this story on February 24th. This story is a contemporary with no vampires or ghosts. Go figure! Lol Actually, this story was close to my heart that needed to come to the surface.



My heroine, Wanda Taylor is an office manager who has the hots for one of her district managers from her office. Strong sexual tension has sizzled between them for two years, however, neither acted on their instincts. Finally, John Murphy makes his move on her and they start dating. Wanda discovers he isn’t the person she thought him to be. One day, she has a rude awakening…


There are many other pieces I’m working on, including a story set in 1880 about a slave, Cyrus who fought in the Civil War. This is a paranormal story.

No comments: