Friday, April 30, 2010

WHAT I DID FOR LOVE by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

WHAT I DID FOR LOVE by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Publisher: William Morrow
Date published: December 2009
ISBN: 978-0061351518
Contemporary Romance
Mass Market Paperback
Reviewed by Valerie
Obtained via publisher


Georgie has had a bright idea. She was once the co-star of America’s favorite TV sitcom and now her husband has left her, her film career is non-existent and her father is driving her up the wall. Thing is, her bright idea didn’t include her former co-star whom she hates. The handsome, awful Bramwell Shepard. And it certainly didn’t include them eloping and getting married. But now it’s done and the paparazzi are having a great old time. Georgie and Bramwell are acting without a script to get what they want. Emotions are running high and they both find out that not only what they want is at stake, but what they need. Georgie is determined to keep hating Bramwell, and Bramwell is determined to keep up his terrible image. But the truth has a way of coming out and they will both find out that things shouldn’t always be taken at face value.

I must say, it took me a little while to warm up to this story. At first, I detested Bramwell along with Georgie. Also, all the glitter and glamour of Hollywood does not fascinate me at all. Still, after a while of reading, I was drawn into the story and after some more time, Bramwell grew on me. Susan Elizabeth Phillips does know how to set up her story and I enjoyed how both characters learned and grew. The romance was certainly rocky and the sex scenes were very sensual.

This is the first book I have read by this author, and although the premise did not really capture me, I would definitely pick up another book by her. Ms Phillips threw in some twists and turns and had me rooting for her heroine and hero until the very end. There are also a bevy of secondary characters that brought the story to life and added more depth. I am sure Ms. Phillips fans have already devoured this one!

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this story.

No comments: