Thursday, July 22, 2010

SECOND TIME AROUND by Beth Kendrick

Publisher: Bantam Books
Date published: March 2010
ISBN: 978-0-385-34224-7
Contemporary
Paperback
Reviewer by Tina
Received from the publisher


What would you do if someone left you a large sum of cash? Would you start your life over? A group of English majors who all became best friends during college do exactly that – years later.

When one of them dies, she leaves the other four one million dollars to split. There’s a catch. They must use the money to go after their dream jobs. No more wishing, it’s time to make it reality.

Cait, Brooke, Anna and Jamie embark on this journey of discovery together. From opening a bed and breakfast, baking designer cakes, planning weddings and writing a book they’ll all try to figure out if it’s really better the SECOND TIME AROUND. While they leave the professional world behind, secrets will threaten each woman’s dreams.

Beth Kendrick is a new author to me, but I must admit I loved this book. From the first few pages, I was drawn in to each of the character’s lives. SECOND TIME AROUND was an emotion-packed book, full of humor, tears, and yes, even intrigue. The cast of characters had me rooting for their success from the get-go. Each pulled at my heartstrings throughout the book. Even the secondary characters pulled me in. In fact there’s one character, Trish that I’d love to see a book based around in the future.

I highly recommend SECOND TIME AROUND to anyone who loves women’s fiction with a touch of romance. This is a keeper, especially for those who have a group of dear friends. I’m looking forward to reading more from Ms. Kendrick.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: