Monday, September 27, 2010

DESIRES OF A PERFECT LADY by Victoria Alexander

Publisher: Avon
Date published: March 2010
ISBN: 978-0061449482
Historical romance
Mass Market Paperback
Reviewed by Valerie
Obtained by publisher


Ten years ago Olivia promised to marry the Earl of Wylderwood. But her father had other plans. She had to marry a man who mistreated her and threatened her, her father and the Earl if she ever left him. After her husband dies she finds out that her husband expects her to traipse all over the world to find certain artifacts for his collection before she can receive her inheritance. There is only one person who is able and willing to help her, the Earl of Wylderwood. Olivia is ready to throw convention overboard and finally breathe. Too bad the Earl has become a stuffy, stiff and dull. But, while on the first leg of their trip, the Earl has decided to also throw convention overboard, and the first thing he wants to do is get Olivia in his bed and show her that he had never forgotten her. Things don’t go so smoothly, neither their trips and the re-budding of their relationship.

Oh, it is always a joy to be able to review a book by Victoria Alexander. I know that I am going to meet some really delightful characters, a hero who I can fall in love with, and a heroine who is more than a match for him. I know that I will also meet some charming and funny secondary characters. I loved Sterling’s (the Earl) mother. I also know that I am going to read a story that will capture my attention, have me frantically flipping the pages and keep me on the edge of my seat. I know I will also read a story that sizzles with sexual tension and has love scenes that are sensual and tender.

I was not disappointed with DESIRES OF A PERFECT LADY. Fans of Victoria Alexander will certainly be thrilled with this new story. She takes us to Egypt, Italy and back to London and you feel as if you are right there with her characters. This book is going on my keeper shelf to be read again.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: