Monday, September 13, 2010

JANETTE’S TALE by Mark Patrick

Chronicles of White Tower
Publisher: Lyrical Press
Date published: September 2009
No ISBN # Given
Paranormal/Adventure
E-book
Obtained by publisher


CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE! Janette is a huntress and is forced to go on a journey that takes on epic proportions. Rescued by an Adepti knight after being caught by the Order of the White Tower has Janette blinking in confusion. For instead of her knight in shining armor, she has Sir Conrad who can wield a sapphire that can give him great power. Now the pair is being chased across the lands and they seek help from a goddess who gives Janette powers that leave her attracting danger from every corner. Can Janette and Sir Conrad find a way to stay out the clutches of the Order of the White Tower long enough for Janette to figure out her powers?

First thing I have to say is, I really wanted to enjoy this book. It had a kick butt heroine, magic, adventure and more within the pages. JANETTE’S TALE sounded to be one of those books that would have the reader flipping the pages eager to see what would happen next. Unfortunately, it missed the mark with me. I kept picking it up, putting it down as I just could not get into the story at all. Maybe it was my mood at the time or the characters were just not connecting with me; whatever the reason, JANETTE’S TALE was a story that had me wondering what the heck was going on. The writing was good, the characters a little one dimensional with hints of their personality shining through but not quite getting there all the way and a few twists that had me scratching my head in confusion.

Janette is a young warrior sent out on a journey that will end up changing her entire world. Meeting Sir Conrad, magical powers she doesn’t understand and an adventure that will have her changed in more ways than one. Janette was a hard character to get into at first. She felt one dimensional at times and though we got a glimpse of her personality, it was quickly lost. I enjoyed Sir Conrad the most I think. He was very intriguing with a mysterious sapphire that lets him wield power beyond imagination. He was a bit more dimensional than Janette and I found him highly enjoyable. Some secondary characters felt a little over the top but also intrigued me.

JANETTE’S TALE is a story of magic, an epic journey and more all within its pages. This author wrote an intriguing story that could have been great with a little more dimensions to the characters. If you enjoy this sort of story, then JANETTE’S TALE would interest you.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: