Wednesday, October 13, 2010

CROSS YOUR HEART by Michele Bardsley

Publisher: Signet
Date published: September, 2010
ISBN: 978-0451231055
Paranormal romance
Mass Market Paperback
Reviewed by Valerie
Obtained by publisher


Elizabeth comes to Broken Heart to make a home. Here, the paranormal creatures can find a kind of haven where they are accepted. There is a curse in Broken Heart, or at least a legend of one. While Elizabeth is setting up house, she hears a voice calling her name. Then a ‘shadow’ tries to strangle her. There are some strange goings on in town. It seems like the descendants of the founding family are being targeted. Elizabeth is determined to get to the bottom of the mystery and she has an ally in a shifter named Tez. Tezozomoc Abraham Elvis Jones to be exact. He’s a were-jaguar. It was thought that they were extinct. Still, he has attached himself to Elizabeth and is convinced she is his mate. So, what with hunting ghosts, and finding out what the local were community wants with Tez, Elizabeth has more than her hands full.

This is a fantastic read that I know you will highly enjoy. I am sure that Michele Bardsley has a solid following of fans, and now she can add me to her list. I really liked Elizabeth. She’s an ‘older’ woman who has been married and is now a vampire. Broken Heart is full of unusual characters who bring depth and life to this story. I fell in love with Tez as soon as he stepped onto the page. My heart went pitty-pat whenever he was around. I added the extra half a heart to my rating just for him. The banter between Tez and Elizabeth is sassy, saucy and comical. Tez is sometimes outrageous, but…meow…what a man! Tez and Elizabeth are perfect for each other. The plot is exciting. This story is full of action, mystery and some nasty shapeshifters. There are also some clever twists and turns. I really need to catch up with the other books in this series…I am sure I will have hours of reading fun!

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

1 comment:

India Drummond said...

Sounds great. I'll have to wait and see if they put up a Kindle version!