Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Xu by A. J. Llewellyn

Publisher: Amber Quill Press/Amber Allure
Date Published: October 19th, 2010
ISBN 978-1-61124-002-3
Paranormal GBLT/Psychic Phenomena/Sports
E-book
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Publisher


CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE! From the hard streets of Mexico to the lights of a championship fight, Lindo has always been dedicated to his career and determined to make it. For fighter Lindo Santiago, his life was all about boxing and now after a fight that left him in a coma for months, he has to find a way to happiness...without boxing. Forced to retire from boxing, Lindo takes his very first vacation on the Hawaiian Islands and finds much more than even he anticipates. For Lindo has a major secret…one that he will have to admit to when he falls for Turner.

I have to admit, this was one of the first books by author AJ Llewellyn I have read and because of it, and I am off to read his back listed titles as soon as I can. Xu is a beautifully told story of second chances and a spirit named Xu, who helps Lindo in his healing. The writing was tight, the action fast paced and the vivid descriptions of Oahu had me salivating to go visit the islands. This is a lush story to while the afternoon with, one that left me wondering if this was going to be part of a series. I would love to see Lindo, Turner and the islands again in the future.

XU introduces the reader to fighter Lindo Santiago. A man who’d dedicated his life to boxing and worked his way to the championships. But life has a way of throwing curves and Lindo finds out the hard way, when a punch leaves him in a coma for months. Lindo called to me as a reader and stole my heart. He was a humble, sweet man who turned heads where ever he went. I wanted to be his friend after meeting him in XU. Secrets, mysteries and finding a new happiness is all within the pages of XU and one I was loath to put down. There were some wonderful secondary characters that had me smiling at times, some sexy scenes that left me shifting in my seat and a storyline that wove a spell of the islands around me. Just make sure your not drinking anything when you read the ending. It will surely stun you speechless.

XU is a wonderful well told story, that will leave you longing for the carefree islands and the mysteries they have within them. Mr. Llewellyn is a talented author who delivers timeless passion amid stories that leave you gasping for more. I am now a huge fan of this authors work and am looking forward to more great stories in the future from him. If you are looking for a beautiful story to enjoy, then grab XU then settle in for one wild, sensual ride.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of the book.

1 comment:

AJ Llewellyn said...

Thank you so much for the awesome review Dawn. You really made my day!!