Friday, February 11, 2011

GIVING THANKS by Maura Anderson

Publisher: Aspen Mountain Press Date Published: November 7th, 2008 ISBN 978-1-60168-151-5 ASIN B004INHFIK Contemporary M/M Romance E-book Reviewed by Dawn Obtained by Author Troy & Derek have been live in lovers for over two years. They are extremely happy except for the fact Derek still hasn’t told his family he is gay or that he and Troy are involved. Troy hates the fact he has to play a platonic friend to the man he loves each Thanksgiving. This year though, Derek tells Troy that he’d finally snapped and told his father he is gay. Now disowned by his father, Derek and Troy find that their quiet Thanksgiving is about to have an unexpected surprise. I loved this tender and emotional story of two people, finding strength in their love and relationship to overcome any obstacle. GIVING THANKS is a beautiful story that captivated my heart. Troy and Derek are a wonderful couple that I would love to enjoy in real life. Ms. Anderson delivers a well written story that left me with a smile on my face. The writing was tight, the storyline flowed smoothly and the relationship between Troy and Derek, was sweet and sexy at the same time. What I really liked about GIVING THANKS was the relationship between Troy and Derek. Troy never gave Derek grief over not coming out to his family, nor did he expect Derek to do it on his time table. I couldn’t help but fall in love with these two characters. Troy was tough and tender over Derek suffering when he was rejected by his father. That alone had me melting in a puddle. Ms. Anderson delivers two very real characters that I could relate to, and I found the secondary characters gave the story a bit more depth. GIVING THANKS is a story of family, love and acceptance. I found this story to be the perfect story to read on a cold winter’s day. Though it is a short novella, I was pleasantly surprised at how in-depth the story was. If you are looking for a sweet and tender M/M story to read, then grab GIVING THANKS. You will not be disappointed in Ms. Anderson’s wonderful tale. I am really hoping Ms. Anderson revisits Troy and Derek in the future. I would love to see what is up with them. This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: