Tuesday, May 17, 2011

PRIMAL BONDS by Jennifer Ashley

Shifters Unbound series
Publisher: Berkley
Date published: March 2011
ISBN: 978-0425240786
Paranormal romance
Paperback
Reviewed by Valerie
Obtained by publisher


Andrea Gray is half-fae, half-shifter and needs to relocate after she refuses the mate-claim of one of her own clan. When she arrives in a new Shifter-town, Sean Morrissey mate-claims her, as it is the only way she will be accepted and protected in her new abode. Living with her aunt and with Sean next door, Sean can protect her with no problem. The attraction he feels towards her distracts him like no one’s business and Andrea is highly attracted to him too. She looks at him without fear and stands up to alphas and lower shifters alike. She is like no other woman he knows. But the Fae are trying to get control over the shifters again and Andrea’s secret past is catching up with her. The main thing now is to survive, mating frenzy notwithstanding.

I really loved this book. It grabbed me, held me down and didn’t let me go until I had read the last page. I totally fell in love with Sean. Wow, I wouldn’t mind that sexy feline shifter protecting me! I love how he handled Andrea and accepted her as she was. And Andrea is a perfect mate for him. Their destinies are intertwined with each other although at first this is not clear. Ms Ashley does a wonderful job of putting these two together. I loved her whole world of shifters living among humans, although the humans are a sorry lot. You have just got to read this book if you love a shifter story with some hot, emotional, sensual sex scenes. There is even a little romance on the side with two other secondary characters that you’ll be rooting for too. I need to get the first book in this series and watch out for the next one. Absolutely great stuff!

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: