Thursday, June 23, 2011

THE EDGE OF NIGHT by Jill Sorenson

Publisher: Dell
Date published: April 5th, 2011
ISBN: 978-0-553-59263-4
Romantic Suspense
Mass Market Paperback
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Publisher


April Ortiz does what she has to, to support her daughter, Jenny, even if that means donning a skimpy outfit to waitress at a popular nightclub. When a murder happens outside the club and April meets Officer Noah Young, she finds herself drawn to the clean cut young man. But her past is marred with abuse from Jenny’s father. Can she open her heart to a love that may heal her?

Noah is determined to be the one officer to break this case. Meeting April wasn’t part of his plan but he is drawn to the young mother and is impressed with her ability to give him details of the killer. What he doesn’t anticipate is the killer focusing on them and their friends. Taunting them, the killer strikes at Noah and Jenny with an attack that stuns them both. Can they stop this madman in time before another person winds up dead?

If you enjoy CSI stories or TV shows as much as I do, then you will definitely enjoy THE EDGE OF NIGHT. It has complex and intriguing characters, a storyline that leaves you on the edge of your seat and a mystery serial killer on the loose. All the makings of a perfect CSI show in my opinion. This is the first story from Jill Sorenson I have read and I am eager to see what she has in her backlist to explore now. The story moved quickly, the action keeps you on the edge and the romance between the characters was quite believable. I was eager to see what happens next for Noah and April as I flipped the pages quickly. Ms. Sorenson is a talented author who knows how to keep the reader in suspense as she draws out the storyline with a few twists I sure didn’t see coming.

The characters are engaging, delightful and quite well written. I could definitely relate to them while I read this author’s latest book. I do want to mention the storyline does get violent at times as well as having hot, steamy love scenes too. The killer is revealed little by little and I loved that aspect of the storyline. I had no idea who the killer was and it was a complete surprise in the end, which delighted me.

If you are looking for an action packed, edge of the seat thrill ride, then grab THE EDGE OF NIGHT and settle in for one wild ride. I look forward to checking more from this author in the future.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: