Monday, August 15, 2011

WARRIOR NIGHTS by Patricia Logan

Publisher: Torquere Press
Date published: June 2011
ISBN: 978-1-61040-237-8
MM Contemporary/Suspense/Ménage
E-Book
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Publisher


Trace Martin has survived being in an Iraqi Prison camp though he suffers from PTSD and struggles every day with the horrors he endured. Chasing the demons he lives with doesn’t help when he almost causes his family home to burn down. Now Trace will do anything to deal with his nightmares and be the man his twin sister thinks he still is.

Kyle has been there for Trace’s sister and when Trace comes back from rehab a changed man, Kyle finds his attraction to the scarred man is more than even he anticipates. Passion ignites between these two strong people and when danger comes knocking on their door, it will take more strength than both men have to survive. Will Kyle, Trace and their loved ones be able to live another day without fear?

I have to admit, I normally don’t go for stories like WARRIOR NIGHTS, but something about the characters, Kyle and Trace, called to me. Once I got past the first few pages, I was invested in their story till the very end. Ms. Logan takes a topic and literally creates a story that will leave you at times, shaking in horror to tears as you feel the emotions from two very strong yet scarred military men. What got to me was how this author literally conveys the strength of emotion throughout the story from the characters. The reader feels the intense love Trace has for his sisters to the passion that consumes him as he falls in love with Kyle and as Trace deals with his changed physical limits. Each time I saw this strong man fall down and then get back up again, it had me in tears. The character Trace was one I felt a deep connection with and fell in love with a little. The secondary characters keep the story moving along nicely and I was surprised to see there were two stories ahead of this one that I definitely need to check out now.

WARRIOR NIGHTS is more than a story of two people finding their forever love but one full of mysteries, romance, a few twists to shake things up and a deep abiding love that will leave you breathless. Ms. Logan definitely delivers a hot story here too. I won’t say this is for the faint of heart. It isn’t. If you like your stories hot, sexy and full of sex scenes that range from sweet and sexy to so hot, oh my god call the fire department, then I recommend WARRIOR NIGHTS.

Ms. Logan is now on my auto-buy list and one I won’t resist buying again. If you like your heroes sexy, rugged and full of angst, then you need to try this author out. I can’t wait to check out this author’s backlist titles and see what else I can get my hands on. WARRIOR NIGHTS will keep you enthralled from the beginning and you will not want to put this one down. I look forward to seeing what this author comes up with in the future.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

1 comment:

Pommawolf Emeraldwolfeyes said...

Great review and you've sold me as I love good emotional reads. Definitely putting this on my list of gotta haves asap.
Thanks!

Darcy