Wednesday, January 4, 2012

THE MADNESS OF LORD IAN MACKENZIE by Jennifer Ashley

Highland Pleasures Book 1
Publisher: Berkley Sensation
Publication Date: August 2011
ISBN 9780425244463
Historical Regency Romance
Mass Market Paperback
Reviewe by Penny
Obtained via publisher


Ian Mackenzie is a madman. Everyone says so. After all, he spent a good deal of his youth in an asylum. But those close to Ian know a deeper side of the man. Maybe even a darker side.

Widow Beth Ackerley owes Lord Ian a debt of gratitude. He saved her from marriage to a man whose perverse pleasures would have certainly made the rest of her life miserable. Only to be seen with the worse of the scandalous Mackenzie brothers makes tongues wag and whisper. Luckily Beth finds she really does not care what others think. She just cannot stay away from THE MADNESS OF LORD IAN MACKENZIE.


I read this book after book three in the series. Now I need to grab book two and four when it comes out. These Mackenzie brothers are HOT! Lord Ian is a most unusual leading man for a historical romance. He is rich and handsome, yes. He is also is unique and peculiar, but not in a bad way. I fell for his atypical characteristics as well as sympathized with his tragic past.

This book enthralled me from the first page and kept my attention throughout. I found myself so engrossed. Author Jennifer Ashley even through me a curve when she …well, I don’t want to give the ending away, but let’s just say she blurred the lines between good and evil a wee bit. Kudos to Ms Ashley and her gifted story telling. I am a huge historical romance fan, especially regency romances and this book did not disappoint. It is one of the best that I have read in a long time, along with book three in the series, THE MANY SINS OF LORD CAMERON. Ms Ashley is an author I will definitely read again.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: