Monday, March 5, 2012

1105 Yakima Street by Debbie Macomber

Cedar Cove Book 11
Publisher: Mira
Date Published: August 31st, 2011
ISBN 9780778312512
Contemporary/Series
Mass Market Paperback
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Publisher


Rachel made the decision to leave her new husband after being with him and her step-daughter, Jolene. Pregnant and stressed out, Rachel has had a hard time in leaving Bruce but the situation was getting to her and her unborn child. Marital difficulties abound as all three try to figure out what to do. As the holidays approach, Rachel has to decide whether to figure out a way to fix this or walk away from the one man who owns her heart.

Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cover series is a pure delight to read to me. I remember picking up the first book and literally falling in love with this small town in Washington as well as the diverse people there. Ms. Macomber delivers a wonderful story that will tug on your heartstrings as you get drawn into Cedar Cove again. The writing is tight, story moves at a nice even pace and the few twists thrown in had me gasping in shock-and glee. What makes the Cedar Cove series so wonderful is you don’t just get the story of the main characters, in this case Rachel and Bruce, but also several other couples/people as well. The one thing the last book, 1022 EVERGREEN PLACE, which I didn’t like was that too many sub-plots going on at the same time. It got toO confusing and I felt I needed the score card to just keep things in order. What I hoped the most for the second to last book in this delightful series would that the author would go back to the format the readers got when they first opened 16 LIGHTHOUSE COVER.

Debbie Macomber is a talented storyteller who knows how to keep her readers enthralled to the very end even as they race to see when her next book will be out. Her books are equally delightful and addicting. You know when you open one of this author’s books that you will find intriguing characters to enjoy and root for. In Cedar Cove there are so many characters that pop in and out of the series books, it is hard for me to pick just one to root for. In the end I had to embrace them all and root for them all. With the right amount of heart, real life issues and love in its many forms, Ms. Macomber takes her readers on a ride that they soon won’t want to get off.

If you are looking for a series to curl up in the cooler nights with, then I highly recommend reading the entire Cedar Cove series. Each book is a standalone story but I highly recommend you read them in order to get the enjoyment of meeting all the characters at once with their back stories playing out. I am sad to see this series end but find myself reaching for my copies whenever I need a sweet pick me up after a rough day. Ms. Macomber hits it out of the ballpark for this second to last book in a series so memorable, it will bring tears to your eyes.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of the book.

No comments: