Monday, April 9, 2012

THE IRON KNIGHT by Julie Kagawa

Book 4 in the Iron Fey Series
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Date published: October 25th, 2011
ISBN 9780373210367
Fantasy/Young Adult
Paperback
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained E-book ARC from Publisher via Netgalley


For Winter Prince Ash, falling in love with a human was nothing short of a weakness. Finding Meghan, now Queen of the Iron Fay, has smashed the barricades around his heart and has given him something to smile about…until she severed the bond they had. Now Ash has to find a way to be with the one girl who he has fallen in love with for where Meghan Chase is, no winter or summer fey can survive. But Ash is willing to do whatever it takes to be with his love again or die trying.

When I picked up the first book of the Iron Fey series, I was sucked into a world of the fae, of love and loss and of doing the right thing even as I felt my heart break while doing it. Julie Kagawa is a very talented author who has delivered a series that had me and other readers enthralled till the very end. THE IRON KNIGHT is told from Ash’s point of view and it details his journey to find a way to be with his love, Iron Fey Queen Meghan Chase, again. What he finds is secrets, challenges and more that will change him in ways he had never anticipated. Along with Ash, readers are treated to Puck going along with his once best friend and Grimalkin, a Cait Sith as well a few new characters that I was intrigued about. This is an author who knows how to tell a story. She gives her characters free reign and man, they take over. I highly recommend holding onto your hats because this journey that Ash goes on is full of mysteries, revelations and more.

The story is fast paced, the writing tight and the characters are very well defined. It’s the characters who make this series so enjoyable in every possible way. The journey Winter Prince Ash takes will show him how strong he is in every way, his determination in finding a way to be by Meghan’s side as her knight and love, and the friends he has in Grim and Puck will show a human side to this cold fairy prince that will appeal to you. I fell for Ash the minute he came onto the scene in THE IRON KING (book 1). He was multi-dimensional and only with Meghan did the readers see his heart, a softness that he only showed her that stole my heart. From then on I was eager to see if he & Meghan would get their own happily ever after. I was shocked at the ending of THE IRON QUEEN (book 3) and felt Ms. Kagawa did a beautiful job in tying all the loose ends in THE IRON KNIGHT.

THE IRON KNIGHT is the culmination of this author’s Iron Fey series and delivers a strong story that will leave you feeling satisfied when that last page is read. With the right amount of laughter, tension and plot twists, the reader is taken on a journey alongside Ash, Puck and Grim and I can safely attest I was at the edge of my seat several times as surprises in the story had me going “Oh My God!”. If you enjoy a fast paced, enjoyable fantasy series, I highly recommend you grab the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. It is truly a series I have read continuously and plan to read again. I do suggest you read it in order to get the full story of Meghan, Ash and Puck’s journey.

I look forward to seeing what else this author can conjure up in the future for her readers as I read Ash’s story again. Run-don’t walk-to grab this series and settle in for a journey that is far from over as the Unseelie and Seelie fae find that one half human/half fairy girl is the sole salvation of their entire world.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: