Thursday, May 31, 2012

FALLING by D. W. Marchwell

Publsiher: Dreamspinner Press
Date Published: February 18th, 2010
ISBN 9781935192176
Contemporary MM
E-book
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Publisher


Scott Alan is terrified when he finds out his brother is in the hospital. Rushing to his side, he finds himself trying to keep his mind on his brother Brian’s injuries and not the hunky logger Hank Ballam, who it seems is the one person his brother’s employees want to blame in regards to Brian’s minor injuries. When Soctt takes Hank under his wing, he finds a sweet, wonderful man who is a study of contrasts. Soon friendship blooms and Scott sees a man who is the perfect one for him. The problem is…Scott has no idea if Hank returns his feelings or if friendship is all he will get from him. Can a logger and a musician find the harmony together that will unite them?

FALLING is the very first book from author D. W. Marchwell I read and I got to admit, I fell in love with this one. The writing was wonderfully done, the storyline flowed nicely and though there is a bunch of sex scenes, it enhances the storyline instead of taking over, in my opinion. What really hooked me was the two main characters-Hank and Scott. Both are a study of contrasts and I adored both the minute they met in the story. The characters alone had me hooked and that is what I loved about FALLING. Mr. Marchwell delivers a story of two different people finding that they are just right for one another. There is a lot of give and take as the friendship blooms into something more for these two and I loved seeing that change between them…you know that spark that is something more if you give it a nudge or two.

The story itself had a few secondary characters I loved to see…Scott’s Brother, his girlfriend and a few others. They made the story well rounded and kept the story flowing smoothly. When I got to the end, I was ready to cry. I wanted more Hank, Scott and their group of friends and family. There were a few twists I didn’t see coming and that had me on the edge of my seat just to see what would happen next for Hank and Scott. There was also some laugh out loud moments that left me giggling at times and brought humor to some parts of FALLING to keep it light hearted.

FALLING is a wonderful addition to any e-book library that enjoys the age old opposites attracts storyline. D. W. Marchwell does a great job in creating a story that hits all the right notes in my heart and enthralled till the very end. I just wished the author would come visit them again in the future. I am eager to see what else of this author’s backlisted titles I can explore. FALLING is the perfect title for a sweet yet sexy gay romance that lets you fall in love as well…with the characters.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of the book.

No comments: