Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Next Big Thing...

Hello!
Welcome to a new look into a reviewer's mind... I was given 10 questions by a friend that are geared toward an author and their "Next Big Thing" and told to answer them from the perspective of a reviewer - I hope you find it interesting to see just what goes on in my mind!

For The Next Big Thing:

What is the working title of your book?
As a reviewer my working titles always include the book I am currently reviewing and the author's name.  Therefore at this very moment my working title happens to be DEEP IN MY HEART by    Gwendoline Ewins - this is always subject to change, in the next few days I expect to move on to the next book, the newest MUST read in my pile...

Where did the idea come from for the book?
I love to read, being a reviewer let's me bring my love to talk and share what I have learned, as well as well as what I love with people all over the world.  I get to give a different perspective at times to those who who might never pick up a book simply because of title, cover, authorI get to read authors from the New York Times Best Seller List, to the those never before published - and to watch some of them become award winning authors.  My best question to you - why don't you become a reviewer?

What genre does your book fall under?
I tend to read across a variety of genres.  I tend to lean towards mystery and suspense, but every now and again I find myself drawn to a simple romance, erotic or even a historical novel.  What genre isn't usually what draws me, it is the back cover, the blurb that grabs me and gives me a reason to NEED to pick up THAT book.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
If I could pick an actor to play myself in a movie since each of my reviews is about ME... I would be torn between Roseann Barr and Julia Roberts.  It is my dream and who wouldn't want to be one of the funniest woman out there - or the most beautiful?

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
My reviews are honest, creative and hopefully helpful to readers and authors alike.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?'
My reviews are published on Love Romances and More!

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I tend to take about an hour to write a review from start to finish.  Sometimes more, sometimes less - but each book is totally different.  Most flow nicely and come from my heart, others take time and I end up coming back for a second pass before sending them to an editor.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I can't compare myself to another reviewer - each of us has our own ways of reading, describing and such.  What all of the reviewers at LR&M have in common is our love for books and the written word.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
I am inspired by each author who puts their work out there and hands it to reviewers on a platter to tear apart and judge.  This is worse than entering your child in a beauty pageant.  Giving us your "baby" is hard, letting us tell you WHAT and WHY we love or hate it, critical for growth, but oh so hard.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
I would think my reviews pique reader's interest because I am a "real" person.  I gain nothing by giving my opinion, no one pays me for my time, therefore I can give an unbiased honest opinion of a book.


Giveaway... If you comment on this post and tell me what piques you to read a review - I will choose one random reader to receive a bag of Lindt Chocolate Truffles!


I have given these same questions to five friends who will be posting the answers next Wednesday.... Check them out!

Sarah Madison - http://www.sarahmadisonfiction.com/tag/blogging/

L.A. Witt -  http://gallagherwitt.blogspot.com

Janine Ashbless - http://janineashbless.blogspot.com/

Tarah Scott - http://tarahscott.tarahscott.com/

Lacie Nation - http://soulshakinromance.blogspot.com/



No comments: