Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Welcome Havan Fellows and a Contest



Welcome to Love Romances & More Reviews Havan. Comfortable? Let’s begin, shall we?

Please tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Have you always gravitated toward being an author?
Oh yeah, I've always wanted to write and entertain people...I've been writing my whole life—a little snippet here and a poem there—but just got seriously back into doing it about four years ago.

How do you balance family life with your writing? 
Wait! You're telling me there is a balance? Where can I find this mythical notion?

If you could trade places with a character in one of your books, who would it be and why? 
Now that is a toughy...it depends on the day and my mood. I'd love to be Wick from Wicked Solutions because he is just so darn sure of himself and has ways of making things happen, all while being laid back and loose. But Ar from Wish Me Nothing is a Djin—who wouldn't want phenomenal cosmic power without the itty bitty living space? Fuzzy from Geoff's Teddy is so secure in himself and really gets the whole "I fell in love with the person, not the gender" attitude that I find sexy. I could go on and on like this but I think we have a word limit per question...right? lol

Anything your fans would be surprised to know about you? 
Every year I go to Mega-Con with my eldest kiddo, and sometimes I even cosplay while there (okay once I did that...but no there are no photographs accessible anymore as proof...hehe)

Dealing with writing deadlines can be a challenge. What do you do to cope with the stress? 
I have the best muse in the world and some seriously great friends that have no issues with whipping me down the road to deadline completion...I lucked out big time in this area. But let's face it, as my kiddo likes to say, I'm not happy unless I'm stressing out some *eye roll*. That's coming from a teenager mind you...lol

Is there something special you do to celebrate when one of your books is released? 
If possible I take the day off of the EDJ (evil day job) and sit back and enjoy...

Tell us about your latest/upcoming release. What is this gem about?
On February 1st my Djin series begins from Breathless Press...Wish Me Nothing. I'm really excited about this one. It is actually the first book in my Djin series I'm doing that is a part of "The Other World Collection" of mine. In this Other World Collection I will have the Djin series and the Devil series...and who knows what other types of fantasy/paranormal groups might join? It's really exciting for me to be able to stretch my wings like this...*big smiles*

On January 15th my first venture into Pulp Friction released...Wicked Solutions. This is a series of shorts starring Wick Templeton, a "forced" into retirement cop who likes to help people...his way. You gotta love the tagline for this series:  Sometimes the only way for justice to prevail is to get a little Wicked...

Anything coming from you in the next few months you want to share or are working on?
In March my second Pulp Friction book will be released. It continues with Wick's adventures and his ongoing sparring match with a very secretive "special agent" who likes to pull his chain...and I must admit I like trying to frazzle Wick...lol

What is in your To Read Pile that you are dying to start or upcoming release you can’t wait for? 
I'm in desperate need to catch up on the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews...but when I open one of her books I don't stop to do anything until I'm done, I've been known to not sleep and have to work the next day...so I have to make sure I have a block of time that I can dedicate to reading it so I'm not a mean zombie at EDJ...lol 

Who is the one author that you would love to meet someday and why? 
I'd love to meet Stephen King...oh to sit down with a few pots of coffee and the master of horror...*swoons*

What is the best piece of advice you would give to someone that wants to get into writing? 
Surround yourself with true friends that will pick you up when you fall and cheer for you when you fly.

If we asked your muse to describe you in five words, what would they say about you?
Is it cheating that I asked him this question to see his answer? If you aren't aware, I actually have a living breathing muse...we bounce almost all our ideas off of each other and he's an awesome human being and I'm a very lucky girl...here's his five words describing me...vivacious, charming, flighty, intelligent, mine (did I mention how darn lucky I am?)

Anything else you want to add? Links?
Wicked Solutions is available at All Romance e-books and Amazon...and you can pre-order Wish Me Nothing at Breathless Press...hope you enjoy *big smiles*

Contest Information: Please leave a comment and your email address within the comment to be entered to win a e-copy of one of Havan's backlisted books or if you want Wish Me Nothing, that is available as well (releases Feb. 1st). Contest closes February 3rd, 2013. Winner to be announced on this post in the comment section then.



Wish Me Nothing
Ar and Vaughn have a great relationship. When Vaughn makes a simple slip of the tongue, Ar's life is put in jeopardy. Whatever you do, don't say "I wish".

Blurb:
Ever hear the old saying "Be careful what you wish for"?

What happens if you find out that the Djin are not just fairy tales? That could be bad. Now, what happens if you find out that your boyfriend of a year and a half is a Djin? That could be worse.

In one fateful night, Vaughn Boggs's world is turned inside out. Not only does he find out his boyfriend, Ar, is keeping a life shattering secret from him. But when other Djin threaten Ar's life, Vaughn has to work with Shan, Ar's lecherous brother, to find a way for them all to survive so they can see the next sunrise.

Vaughn isn't sure a human can take on the magicks of the Djin, and he definitely isn't sure he can trust Shan...but for Ar he's willing to wish that both are possible.

Wish Me Nothing is available for pre-order at Breathless Press

4 comments:

Havan said...

Thank you for having me today. :)

Michelle V said...

I love Havan and I can't wait for Wicked Solutions and Wish Me Nothing!

Michelle V
michellevasquez2001 at yahoo dot com

Cathy Brockman said...

Great interview!!! I have al of Havens backlist but Id love the new one if I win!! sugar_n_spice63830@yahoo.com

Jade said...

I'm not leaving a comment to win something.. I'm lucky enough to have read almost every thing this wonderful author wrote (and I'm planning to keep it that way) No, I'm commenting here to show my support to an amazing author and human being!