Sunday, March 24, 2013

Behind the Scenes with Gabrielle Evans!



We recently caught up with Gabrielle Evans and found out some interesting things about the woman behind the books.

How would you describe yourself using only five words?

Fiercely loyal with OCD tendencies.

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

I record episodes of Castle, The Vampire Diaries, Once Upon a Time, and Beauty and the Beast on my DVR. I don’t have much time during the week, but I take Thursday nights off, curl up on the couch with a cup of coffee, and have a mini TV marathon.

Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.

I’ve never seen the original Star Wars movies.

How do you get yourself in the mood to write?

I write. Seriously, that’s it. Even when I don’t feel like writing, I sit down at my laptop and just type. I may end up deleting or rewriting the first 1,000 words for the day, but once I make myself start, the words begin to flow.

If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?

Gods of Chaos 1: Devil Did Grin. To this day, fifty some books later, it is still one of my favorites. There’s a nice blend of angst and humor, not to heavy, not to light. It’s just one of those books that (hopefully) leaves readers with that “feel good” feeling when they reach THE END.


No comments: