Sunday, April 21, 2013

Catching up With Vijaya Schartz


How would you describe yourself using only five words?

 

Hard-working, passionate, confident, thrill-seeker, traveler.

Physical description: petite, blond, pixie, athletic, French accent


Do you have any guilty pleasures?

 

A long bath by candlelight, with a glass of wine, a good book, and one of Chopin’s piano concertos in the background.


Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.

 

I once jumped in free fall, off a perfectly good airplane, more than two miles above the earth.


How do you get yourself in the mood to write?

 

I write better and faster when I know what I’m going to write, so I usually brainstorm my scene before hand. I sometimes meditate for inspiration. But when all else fails, I resort to chocolate, sweet vermouth, teramisu, ice-cream. These are my writing drugs of choice.

 

If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?

 

If they like and edgy and realistic medieval romantic fantasy with immortal Celtic ladies, I’d tell them to read PRINCESS OF BRETAGNE (Curse of the Lost Isle Book 1). If they like it, four books are already out in this series and more will come this year and next year.

 

If they like sci-fi action romance, then NOAH’S ARK, the prequel to the Chronicles of Kassouk series would be the best way to start. Here again, if they like it, five books are available in the series, and one more will come out sometime next year.

 

Thank you for having me.
 
 

3 comments:

CJ Burright said...

Enjoyed Vijaya's answers - and great choices in writing-inspiration drugs! And what could be better than reading a medieval fantasy romance in the tub with a glass of wine?

CJ Burright

CJ Burright said...

Enjoyed the interview with Vijaya - especially the writing-inspiration drugs! And what could be better than a hot soak with a glass of wine while reading a medieval romance fantasy?

Vijaya Schartz said...

Thanks for the comments, CJ. I believe in enjoying life. Of course, I'm French. That helps a little. Wine is a natural choice.