Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Latest on Kellyann Zuzulo



How would you describe yourself using only five words?

Imaginative. Friendly. Optimistic. Steadfast. Curious.

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

Long, hot soaks in the tub. I love to set up the candles, grab a book, and ease into bubbly water. I start out feeling guilty because it’s not as quick as a shower and I often feel that there’s probably something else more important I should be doing. But, oh, it feels so good.


Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.

Despite my fascination with the lore of the Middle East, I am of 100-percent Irish heritage. My mother was born in Ireland as were my paternal great grandparents. My bloodline goes back generations on the Emerald Isle, probably to one of the Viking invasions. My height of six-feet-two-inches, blonde hair and light eyes, shows there’s some Scandinavian in my genes.


How do you get yourself in the mood to write?

Music always gets me in the mood to write. Depending on the scene I’m working on, I’ll choose either eclectic instrumental, Arabian rhythms, Celtic, or Reggae, mon.


If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?

I would recommend starting with The Genie Ignites, which was my first novel published by Boroughs Publishing Group. It was released last year and begins my series  The Zubis Chronicles. Plus, The Genie Ignites was just selected as a finalist in the Abalone Awards, which recognizes “outstanding ethno-cultural romance.” The winner will be announced at RWA finals in July. Yay! This novel is a great way to be introduced to the worlds I create and to follow the love story between Zubis and Bethany O’Brien.



No comments: