Sunday, September 1, 2013

BIG GIRL PANTIES by Stephanie Evanovich

Publisher: Harper Collins
Date published: July 2013
ISBN: 978-0-06-222484-2
Contemporary Romance
Hardback
Obtained via Publicist
Reviewed by Angie

 

Holly Brennan may have never been a small woman, but after her husband becomes ill and dies, she lets herself go and gains more weight than she ever imagined.  When she is forced to travel and tie up the last of her later husband’s estate she finally realizes just how far she has fallen from her best. When she gets bumped into economy and seated next to a Greek God (Holly’s words, not mine!) she is mortified.

Logan Montgomery is a personal trainer who flew to his best friend’s aid when a sports injury left him in need of help.  He rarely takes on female clients, and usually only athletes, but when Holly tells him her tale of woe, he finds himself wanting to help her turn from an ugly duckling to a swan!

In 324 pages Stephanie Evanovich turned me into a major fan, who will be stalking her Facebook page for details of her next book!  I admit, I put this book on my wish list based upon her last name (Who knew Janet was her aunt in real life!) and I definitely did not regret it.   Ms. Evanovich has created a cast of characters that left me laughing, nearly in tears at times and wanting to bang my head against a wall at the same time.  Each character is unique, lovable and full of honesty.  Her story line is classic yet the twists are so unique, I was left awestruck. 

Looking back over the pages, I cannot even chose a favorite character – Holly is so much like myself (minus being a widow, and finding a hot personal trainer!) that I want to step into her shoes and find someone to kick my butt from one end of the gym to the other.  If this tale were real, she would be so much of an inspiration, that I want her to be my bff!  Her best friend in the story is worthy of mention – Tina is a great secondary character, sticking by your friend for life, is definitely a quality more novels should be written about, and more lives need to include.

I can’t wait to see what is in store from Ms. Evanovich – she has left me mesmerized and waiting…  And BIG GIRL PANTIES will be sticking around my bookshelf for a long time to come.

 This is an objective review


No comments: