Wednesday, May 7, 2014

MORE THAN HIS SEXY TOY by Cooper McKenzie



Publisher: Siren Publishing, Inc.
Date published: October 2013
ISBN: 978-1-62740-785-4
Erotic romance, BDSM
EBook

Reviewed by Gabrielle

Obtained via publisher

Rating: 3.5 Hearts



Mimi loves to play but her size makes her very self-conscious and only one Dom has been able to get past her defenses. Master Chaz enjoys Mimi to the fullest but she only sees him once a week if she is lucky. Mimi longs for so much more than just their one night stands and has decided that she has to give up and move on. Her heart can only take so much before it breaks beyond healing. She can no longer just enjoy the little she sees of the man she has grown to love. Life has other plans and throws Master Chaz and Mimi together. Can the two work through it all or will they lose out on love?

I am a big fan of this author and this series but this story seems to lack the intensity of the previous books. I enjoyed seeing Mimi and Chaz together, they make a great couple and are hot together but I did not lose myself in their story. Some questions were never answered. Why does Chaz only come on Friday’s to play? What makes his life so complicated?  I was a little put off with Chaz’s relationship with Kelly. At times I was just as confused as Mimi about that relationship.  It would have been nice to have Chaz explain a few things to Mimi as she talks about how she knows nothing about his personal life and wishes to know more. The love that the two share is strong and burns brightly right from the start. I did enjoy seeing Chaz open his eyes and fight for Mimi’s love.

Even though this story is not one of my favorites in this series I did enjoy my visit to Club Esoteria and its members. I cannot wait to see whose story will be next?

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.


No comments: