Sunday, July 13, 2014

THE CURSED by Heather Graham



Krewe of Hunters
Harlequin Mira
May 27th, 2014
978-0-7783-1626-8
Paranormal, Contemporary Suspense
E-ARC
Reviewed by Dawn (love2read28@gmail.com)
Obtained by Publisher
4 Hearts



Hannah O’Brien has always known that the house she runs as a B&B is haunted and that ghosts exist. So when she stumbles upon a dead body in an alley by her house, well lets just say she finds herself wondering just what is going on in Key West.

FBI Agent Dallas Samson is investigating his friend and fellow agent’s death and finds that Hannah is intriguing but he doesn’t clue her in to his abilities when she calls her cousin, FBI Agent Kelsey O’Brien, a member of the FBI’s Krewe of Hunters department. But Hannah and Dallas have bigger problems when Los Lobos targets the B&B and Hannah looking for something. As the legends of the B&B and the present day collide, can Dallas and Hannah figure out what Los Lobos is looking for and get the leader of this vicious group behind bars before it is too late?

I just love this authors fascinating and enjoyable Krewe of Hunters series. Each book delivers some wonderful historical aspect that intrigues me as well as some really top notch writing with characters that fairly leap off the pages. Ms. Graham has delivered another stellar installment in her Krewe of Hunters series that will surely please her readers. Ms. Graham weaves her spell around the reader with her signature writing style as she sprinkles historical facts into the story to enhance the storyline, keep the reader guessing at whom the bad guys are and more. She weaves a tight plot, fast paced storyline, engaging characters with a dash of mystery and romance to keep things interesting. What I really enjoy when I pick up one of these books is the varied characters she has involved in the series. This author never ceases to intrigue me with all her varied historical areas in this series and I find her research or timeline in the books very helpful even as I get lost in the story. Her characters are very well written, intriguing and keep my interest-main characters as well as secondary ones. The different characters personalities as well as popping up in other Krewe of Hunters books helped me make a connection to them and enjoy them even more.

The main characters Hannah and Dallas were interesting though Dallas took awhile to warm up to. He made a bad first impression when we are first introduced to him and at times, I felt he was a bit pushy with Hannah but eventually he calmed down and I found him interesting as a hero. The characters are well written, engaging and fairly leap off the pages. I loved seeing the some of the other Krewe of Hunters characters (Kelsey & Logan from The Unseen, Book Five of the Series) and their little sub-storyline was interesting and made me want more.
Overall, THE CURSED is a book you can get lost in on a rainy afternoon or at the beach. It’s just the perfect morsel to wet your appetite and I know I am not the only one when I say, MORE PLEASE to the author. I am really eager to see where she goes with this series and what other interesting historical places she will capture amid the pages of the Krewe of Hunters series.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement


No comments: