Monday, July 6, 2015

EMBRACED BY TWO YOUNGER MEN by Chloe Lang



Publisher: Siren-BookStrand, Inc.
Date published:
April 2015
ISBN:
978-1-63259-289-7
Contemporary Menage a Trois/Quatre
E-book
Reviewed by Helen
Weblink: http://www.bookstrand.com/embraced-by-two-younger-men
Obtained via publisher
Rating: 3



Twins Clayton and Jaydin Gibbs are only a few weeks short of coming into their inheritance when they discover millions of dollars is missing from the family business. 42 year-old Isabella Clemens is the most inexperienced of a team of accountants sent to solve the problem of the missing money.


This book is very hard for me to give a rating to. On the one hand the heroine was ditzy, dumb, and almost bimboish, yet she was sweet and endearing as well. I guessed the villain in the first chapter, yet there was enough going on with the story that I continued to read it. (By the way, my guess was correct). The ostentatious displays of wealth annoyed me, yet the author still made the characters likable. The heroes were totally delightful and the other characters a varied and interesting support cast, but although I wondered if some of them might be back in a sequel I didn’t end up with a burning passion to know their stories. It was all just a little bit superficial. Glitzy glamor painted over not enough real substance. Yet I kept reading. It may be that there were some memes going on. The TSTL heroine, who wasn’t completely TSTL. The almost unbelievable Hollywood overdone wealth and glamor, yet with flashes of real people underneath. The bad, rotten villain who turns out to be even worse than the reader thought. And so on.

So there you have it. A book that held my attention, despite annoying me. In a way, that’s a pretty good recommendation for a book, really.


This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: