Friday, November 6, 2015

Edge of Darkness by Christine Feehan, Maggie Shayne and Lori Herter


Publisher: Jove
Date published: August 2015
paranormal
Print
Reviewed by Gabrielle (meingee@yahoo.com)

Obtained via publisher
Rating: 4

Edge of night contains three stories that will take you to the dark side. Two of my favorite and one new author make up these stories. Each one takes readers into a new world full of emotions.
Maggie Shayne brings as back to her vampires. Chloe is a vampire and Shep is a mortal but the sparks are flying. Can the two find a way to happiness? Chloe must decide if she will tell her secret or not. As the two try to work the case they must also work through their own emotions.
Christine Feehan gives us a new Carpathian story. Blaze and Maksim are the couple in this tale. I enjoyed my visit back to this world. Blaze is a strong woman and a great match for Maksim. I enjoyed seeing their story unfold and cannot wait to return to the Carpathian world again.
Cimarron Spirit by Lori Herter is a new world for me. This story takes readers to a vampire world. Rafael is a vampire who just happens to be living in a spot where an archaeologist decides to dig. When he meets Annie he can’t help but want her, she pulls him like no other but who will Annie pick? The safe life with Brent or one filled with love with Rafael?
I enjoyed my visit to each of these different worlds. Love and emotions run high in each story. Whether going back to old familiar worlds or entering new ones these stories pulled me in and kept me turning the pages to see what would happen next. I was glad to see Maggie Shayne and Christine Feehan still keeping things interesting and new in their worlds and I enjoyed my first visit to Lori Herter’s world. Love is strong and watching these couples fight for it made for a nice read.

This is an objective review


No comments: