Thursday, May 5, 2016

THE TURNING POINT by Amy Paine




Publisher: Nine Star Press
Date published: March 7th, 2016
ISBN: 978-1-911153-26-9
Erotic, Lesbian, Historical
E-book
Reviewed by Helen
Weblink: http://ninestarpress.com/product/the-turning-point/
Obtained via publisher
Rating: 3



It’s the 1920s and Benita is half Jamaican and a free spirit, with a plan to succeed. While on a train trip to write a magazine article she meets Millie, a rich socialite and heiress. Their attraction is instant, their desire for each other obvious, and their lives worlds apart.


Traveling Companions Book 1.
Amy Paine is a “well-known” author of contemporary romance under a different name.

The book begins quite slowly with a lot of description written in a manner that reminded me very much of the era in which the story is set. I could see the author’s aim but I found myself bored by the style, and I don’t feel it is really a good opening for a book that has a lot of dialogue and even more sexual tension and lesbian sex.
I’m also somewhat skeptical about the entire staging of the romance. I use that word “staging” intentionally as it did seem rather artificial, set-up, and staged to me. Nevertheless Millie and Benita are interesting characters and their romance is definitely hot.

The book is cleanly written and capably edited but I won’t be bothering with the rest of the series.


This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.



No comments: