Tuesday, September 11, 2018

WHAT I’VE DONE by Melinda Leigh



Morgan Dane Series Book 4
Montlake Romance
September 18th, 2018
978-1503903050
Romantic Suspense, Small Town, Police Procedural
Electronic ARC
Reviewed by Dawn (love2read28@gmail.com)
Obtained by Publisher
5 Hearts

When Haley Powell wakes up after a night out with friends, she is covered in blood and has no memory of what happened. For Morgan Dane, agreeing to take the case for her friend PI Lincoln Sharp, Morgan finds she has to scale a ton of circumstantial evidence, a police force overwhelmed, and a District Attorney determined to stick it to Morgan no matter what. As the clues lead Morgan to the real killer, she must figure out who the killer is before they decide Morgan is too close to the truth.

Oh my god, Melinda Leigh has done it again in WHAT I’VE DONE, and this is by far one of her best books in the series. I love this series since I picked up the first book, Say You’re Sorry and just fell in love with Morgan, Lincoln and all the rest of the main characters. This is a spin off from Ms. Leigh’s Scarlet Falls series that I just picked up to read and you don’t have to read that series to understand this one. I like how the author keeps the romance moving along between Morgan and Lance and Lincoln Sharpe is a blast as he takes Morgan and Lance to task for eating and drinking what he feels are unhealthy for them (Coffee! Chocolate!). The mystery behind Haley’s case was intriguing and kept me riveted to the pages of the book. When the final reveal was done in the last chapter even I was shocked at who the killer was and why they did it.

Melinda Leigh is a new to me author that I found by chance and I have fell in love with her compelling and thrilling stories. I know I am determined to see what else her backlist holds to read for the future. The characters are exceptionally well written, the mystery quite intriguing and the side story of Lance and Morgan’s romance is a light in a very dark tunnel periodically peeking through to light the way within WHAT I’VE DONE. If you haven’t tried this author’s work before I highly recommend her Morgan Dane series to get your feet wet. Just make sure to start with book one, Say You’re Sorry so you can see how Morgan, Lance and Lincoln started working together.  Trust me, this series will keep you hooked till the very end.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement


 <iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=regatayl-20&language=en_US&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=1503903052&asins=1503903052&linkId=d253d344409bddd687767b42194abdbe&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe>

No comments: