Wednesday, March 4, 2009

ANGEL'S BLOOD: Guild Hunter series book 1 by Nalini Singh

Publisher Berkley Sensation
Date published March 2009
ISBN 978-0-425-22692-6
Genre Paranormal Romance/Angels & Vampires
Mass Market Paperback
Reviewed by Shaiha


Hunter born Elena Deveraux is one of the Guild’s best at hunting vampires and returning them to their angel owners. And Raphael, the archangel of Manhattan wants to hire her. But this time instead of hunting a vampire, her quarry is an archangel gone bad.

When I heard that Ms. Singh had started a new series, I could hardly wait to get my hands on it. And I am very pleased to say that ANGELS’ BLOOD more than lives up to my expectations. I did have a hard time classifying ANGELS’ BLOOD though as it is very gritty like an urban fantasy with a kick ass heroine but the romance is also very strong. You will have to pick up your own copy and decide.

The characters are first rate, ones that will stick with you long after you have finished the last page. I especially enjoyed watching Raphael start to recover his humanity thru his interactions with Elena. And Elena, well she is a kick ass take no names type of woman that I would be proud to call a friend. There are several secondary characters also I would love to see with their own books. And we can’t forget the villain, the archangel Uram. He is evil personified and a character that will send chills down your back.

I highly recommend ANGELS’ BLOOD to any fans of paranormal romance, urban fantasy and of Nalini Singh. She has outdone herself with her latest offering. I can hardly wait for the next book in the series!

No comments: