Friday, November 13, 2009

ON THESE SILKEN SHEETS by Sabrina Darby

Publisher: Avon Red
Date published: September 2009
ISBN: 978-0061780288
Erotic historical romance
Trade Paperback
Obtained by publisher
Reviewed by Valerie




Harridan House is a place where the erotic fantasies of Lords and Ladies can be acted out. Everyone is masked so as to ensure discretion. In this book, four short stories revolve around this establishment, which is run by the mysterious Madame Rouge. In the first story, we meet a man who has vowed never to marry until he meets his match. He does, after an anonymous sexual encounter. In the second, a mysterious lady teaches a man to let loose and really please a woman. In the third, Madame Rouge herself has to make a decision that could change her life, and in the last story, Madame Rouge’s maid lures a rake away from the pleasures of Harridan House. All the sensual activities at Harridan House take place on silk sheets.

I’m not sure if it was because I may not have been in the mood, but the stories in this book did not really move me. Reading this book was certainly entertaining, but I was not as captivated as usual. I think the best story in this collection was about Madame Rouge herself. This one, I really enjoyed. There is a lot of sex in this book, and sometimes it became a little tedious and I was skipping some of the sex scenes to see what happened next. I did enjoy a lot of the characters. I know that there are many lovers of erotic romance out there who will really enjoy this book and usually, I enjoy a good erotic romance myself, but this one left me bored. I certainly would recommend it if you enjoy a good erotic romp. And I’m sure many readers of this review do. I think I shall read this one again at a later time.

THIS IS AN OBJECTIVE REVIEW AND NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OF THIS BOOK.

No comments: