Sunday, March 14, 2010

Welcome to Judith Leger's guest blog


Welcome Ms. Judith Leger to Love Romances and More, thank you for joining us.

Did you always want to become a writer?

Not necessarily an author, but I’ve always been a dreamer. To me, a good writer has to be a dreamer. Ever since I was little, I’ve loved to read. When I was little and as I grew older, I would play in these worlds. Years later, I decided I wanted to share them with others. That’s how my writing career started.

What is the most, and the least interesting fact about writing?

Most fun – Receiving glowing reviews of my books. That’s when I know I’ve accomplished what I set out to do; to bring enjoyment to others. The least fun - editing!

How did you celebrate your first release? What was it like to see your book in a bookstore? Do you have a special ritual for celebrating a book release?

My first release was a personal essay in Chicken Soup for the Mother and Son Soul. I looked everywhere for a copy of the book my story was in. It’s thrilling to see your name in a book that you know will be read by so many people. To celebrate, my family and I went out to eat. I suppose the ritual would be to eat at the same restaurant and order the same meal with each release. Yes, I need a life!


How did your family react to fact that you write romance novels? Have your family read your book?

Well, they’re not big readers. I’m teased all the time about writing romance but underneath the teasing, their pride in my accomplishments shines through. Only my sister and mother-in-law have read and loved the books. It’s hard to please your family. They know you. Also, my sister is a teacher. She’s constantly looking at my grammar and punctuation.



Most authors are also avid readers. Is this the case with you? If so, who are some of your favorites? Have any influenced your writing?

I read all the time. It’s like a piece of my DNA. Without books, I wouldn’t be a whole person. I love Mary Balogh’s books. A couple of years ago, I bought one of Allison Chase’s novels and fell in love with her voice. I can’t wait for her upcoming release. My critique partners are all authors. They keep me on the straight and narrow. Amber Green gives me no slack! Ali Katz and Cherise Sinclair, as well as all the other ladies in our group (Erotic Romance Authors), have helped me grow so much as an author. All three of these ladies have recent releases. Be sure and check them out. They’re awesome books!


Do you feel each of your characters live with you as you write? Do their lives sometimes take over a part of your life?

My characters consume me as I write. They’re with me in the shower, driving and even while I’m watching television. My kids catch me having entire conversations with my characters. They shake their heads and don’t bother to ask. They know! No, I don’t have living models for my characters.


Where do you get the inspirations for your books?

In my dreams. Also I love anime (Japanese graphic novels on film). I love to watch them, and I have to say they have influenced the worlds some of my stories are set in.


Do you find it difficult at times to write love scenes?

Yes, love scenes are very difficult!


Do you have a problem with deadlines and have you ever suffered a writers block?

I thrive under pressure. I really do. I have my periods when I won’t write a word. It could last one to six months. My characters are silent, almost as if they’re hibernating. When they awaken, it’s with a tremendous amount of creativity. When that happens, I’m fulfilled.

Do you prefer stand-alone books or series (As a reader or a writer)?

As a reader, I love series. As a writer, I’ve only had one book where I’m working on a second in a series with secondary characters as the hero/heroine.


If you could change places with one character from your book, who would it be and why?

I suppose Seren Jorden, my heroine in my upcoming release, Dragon Wish, from Wild Child Publishing. She’s given another chance for a lasting love and a child she so desperately craves. She travels to another world where magic is real and dragons rule.


What is your favorite book from the books that you have written so far? Who are your favorite hero and heroine, and why?


My favorite book to date was a surprise to me. I have just completed a male/male fantasy romance under my pen name, Jadette Paige. I never believed the characters could touch me so deeply as my two heroes in this book but they did.


Would you like to give another genre a try?

Yep, I’ve submitted my newly completed male/male fantasy romance under my alter persona, Jadette Paige.


Which book was the hardest to write and which the easiest?

My upcoming release from Wild Child Publishing, Dragon Wish, was the hardest. I had to create a whole new planet with unique inhabitants. My easiest to write were the novella length stories I wrote from dreams: The Wraith’s Forest, The Witch Within and Hearts’ Reunion.


If you could choose of your books for a movie, which one would it be and who would you as the cast?

I could see Love’s True Enchantment as a movie with Megan Fox as Caitlyn and illusionist Cris Cross as Shay.



If you could travel through time to visit a special time period or famous person, what or who would it be and why?

I would love to be in the critique sessions of C. L. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien along with all the others of their group. Imagine what I’d learn from those great writers!



Do you listen to music while you are writing and if so what music is it?

Yes, I listened to Creed the entire time I was writing Love’s True Enchantment. The songs helped with the imagery in the book.


Big congrats to your latest release, can you please tell us something about the book?

Love’s True Enchantment is a contemporary fantasy romance. Here’s the blurb. So far I’ve received some great reception for it.

Blurb: Illusionist Shay Evers needs to right the wrong he committed twenty-four years ago. He has two weeks to convince Caitlyn Reiley magic is real. If he fails, she will die from the curse placed upon her, and he'll lose the only person he's ever loved.

Magic is for fools, and Caitlyn Reiley is no fool. As a news reporter, she is chosen for the coveted task of interviewing Shay Evers at his home in Wales. When Shay haunts her dreams and sparks her passion, her beliefs are threatened and she battles her growing desire for Shay. As the clock ticks, will the unlikely pair discover love's true enchantment or will time run out?

Here’s an excerpt from the book:

Footsteps moved toward her. Out of the purple blackness, Shay Evers appeared. Her heart skipped a beat.
Blood pounded in her veins. His slow long-legged stride, so unique to him, brought him to her side. He knelt and smiled.
"Hello, Caitlyn." Amethyst eyes shone with an inner light.
She smiled, joy overriding everything else. "I'm dreaming."
He grinned wider. He lifted a hand and laid it above her left breast, over her heart. "Are you? A sweet dream?"
"Oh, yes." She sighed, leaning forward. Her fingers itched to touch him and see if he were real. Raising her hand, she laid the palm flat on his chest where his shirt gaped open and found solid warmth. "Oh."
A low chuckle brought her gaze up, and her breath caught at the gentle glow in his eyes. "Do you like?"
Shifting to her knees, her caress glided toward his jaw. She brushed her thumb across the satiny flesh of his full bottom lip and sighed once more."Yes."
They leaned as one and touched lips; soft, tender, their breaths exchanged for an instant.
"Open your eyes and look to your heart." The accent flavoring his voice was stronger than she remembered. She listened to each beautiful lyrical layer of his voice. "Look deep, past all barriers, to the center. Find what you lost and you will be free."

Are you working on anything right now, and can you tell us a teaser about these projects?

I’m finishing the edits on my full length fantasy romance, Dragon Wish. Hopefully this book will see a summer 2010 release! Here’s the blurb.

A vision, a wish, a journey plagued by evil.

Cold, desolate cliffs and the dragon's blue gaze capture Seren Jordan in a terrifying vision. A universe away, Captain Paladin Fulcan struggles to overcome his grief. Seeing a shooting star, he makes one wish. But here on Avaris, wishes are forbidden. His love is forsaken. This throneless, dragonseed king's destiny is intertwined with a mortal mate to create the One True Dragon King.

4 comments:

booklover0226 said...

I enjoyed the interview and the blurb has me interested in the book.

Hurry up Summer 2010!

Tracey D

Amber said...

Nice interview, Judith. :)

Cherise Sinclair said...

Mmmmh, a gorgeous man with an accent and magic at his fingertips? Who could ask for better? Yum. :-)

Judith Leger said...

Thanks everyone! I can't wait either, Tracey.

Thanks, Amber and Cherise!!