Monday, November 1, 2010

JUST LIKE ME, ONLY BETTER by Carol Snow

Publisher: Berkley Publishing
Date published: April 2010
ISBN: 978-0-425-23248-4
Contemporary
Trade Sized Paperback
Reviewed by Tina
Received from the publisher


They say everyone has a twin somewhere in the world. For Veronica it’s truer than she ever imagined. Veronica’s husband has left her and moved on to someone new, leaving her to pick up the pieces of her life. Just when she thinks life couldn’t get any worse everyone is mistaking her for the celebrity Haley Rush.

When Haley’s manager happens upon Veronica he has an offer she can’t refuse. More money than she knows what to do with just for pretending to be Haley. How hard can it be? Great clothes, parties and Brady Ellis, Haley’s boyfriend are all at her disposal. As she gets to know Haley, she sees sides of her people don’t see. There’s vulnerability there.

Will life be better walking in someone else’s shoes or will Veronica crave her old life again?

Carol Snow is a new author to me, but not for long. I loved this book. From the first few pages, I was sucked in. I couldn’t stop reading because I needed to know what would happen when Veronica stepped into Haley’s life. JUST LIKE ME, ONLY BETTER was full of humor, tears, and self-esteem issues. The best part was it was real. Yes, I know it’s fiction, but personally I could see this happening to someone. The cast of characters were varied, but I was still curious about each of their lives. I’d love to see a book with the hairdresser in the future. LOL
I highly recommend JUST LIKE ME, ONLY BETTER to anyone who loves romantic comedy. This is a keeper. I’m going to devour all of Ms. Snow’s books.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: