Friday, February 4, 2011

SECOND CHANCES by Lauren Dane

Publisher: Carina Press
Date Published: October 25th, 2010
ISBN 978-1-4268-9069-7
ASIN: B004322F7W
Contemporary BDSM Erotic Romance
E-book
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Publisher via netgalley


CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE! It’s been ten years since Rori Simon left town. She was a shy, overweight girl who was finally able to live her dreams, shed the weight and find that confidant woman hidden inside her. After a romance that ended in heartbreak, she moves back to her hometown and finds herself swarmed with some of the town’s hottest guys fighting for her. When Jude, the bad boy player, breaks her heart, she falls into the arms of Zach, a man who shows her how sweet love is. Life is good until fate delivers a curveball that leaves Rori with a broken heart and soul. Can Rori figure out how to live again amid the heartbreak?

There comes a time when you pick up a book and within moments of starting it, you know you have something special in your hand. This was the case when I opened SECOND CHANCES. Lauren Dane delivers a heart stopping story that will leave you in tears and smiles. I don’t want to go into detail as it would spoil the surprises in this book, but all I can say is OH MY GOD! This is an author who seriously knows how to pull the emotions from her characters and draw in her readers with each page. I fell in love with this author’s writing and found myself smiling, laughing, sighing and crying all throughout the SECOND CHANCES. A good author knows how to draw their readers in and have them feel the characters emotions deeply. I do have to say this, there are some scenes of BDSM and D/s lifestyle that may not appeal to everyone.

I fell in love with feisty Rori, a woman who knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to go after it. The men in this book had me drooling and I so want to move to this small town just for the eye candy alone. Ms. Dane has a perfect knack for creating complex and strong characters that resonate with the reader. Jude was a character I wanted to slap silly. Even though he was hot and sexy, he made me want to bounce him to the curb with his antics in the beginning. Zach was a man who pulled me deep under his spell and had me squirming in my seat. He was the perfect Dom in my book: sweet, sexy and treated Rori like the queen he thought she was. There were a few secondary characters that had me smiling and cheering as they kept the story flowing along nicely. The characters were multi-faceted and not afraid to show the reader their vulnerabilities.

SECOND CHANCES delivers an emotional story that leaves you smiling in the end as one woman finds herself trying to live again after a personal tragedy. Ms. Dane is fast becoming my favorite author to read and if you haven’t picked up one of her books yet, what are you waiting for? Each time I open a Lauren Dane book, I find myself lost in the story with some amazing characters that I want to be friends with and a story that leaves me wanting more. SECOND CHANCES is a story that will heat up your cold nights. I suggest you keep an ice bucket or your significant other nearby to help with all the heat it will generate.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: