Tuesday, May 24, 2011

SEVEN DAYS by Andrew Grey

Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Date published: April 25th, 2011
ISBN: 978-1-61581-880-8
ASIN: B004XWFXXU
Contemporary M/M
E-book
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Publisher


Evan lost everything-his parents, his childhood, his home-that fateful day long ago. When a kindly man named Father Val finds him and offers Evan a chance to go to school and meet new friends, Evan thinks he wants something. Nothing this good comes for free, Right? With time, Evan finds peace, healing and lasting friendships at his new school and in the process learns that though life closes one door, another opens. Growing up, finding a way to help those in need, Evan finds that the one thing he wants more in life itself is a chance for a loving relationship that special someone. Can Evan find a way to get the one man he has wanted forever and see what is right in front of his eyes?

When you open an Andrew Grey book, you know you are in for a treat. From the moment the first page is read, the reader is transported on a journey through the years that will leave you breathless. I fairly admit I get excited when I see a new book out by this author. I can’t help it. Andrew Grey is a rare author who can make a reader run the gauntlet of emotions when reading one of his books. I laughed, cried, smiled and cheered as I read Evan’s journey and found myself rooting for him to get the one thing he deserved in life- a forever love.

SEVEN DAYS is another rare gem that will leave you reaching for the tissue box and smiling at the end of the last page. The writing is tight, the storyline flows nicely and the characters are the best thing, in my opinion, of Mr. Grey’s books. They are so life-like they fairly leap off the pages, capturing your heart in the process. They are multi-dimensional, vulnerable and they are the true stars of any of this author’s books. I love each and every one of this author’s characters and you get a sense that so does this author. With each story from Mr. Grey, the reader is given a cast of characters that stay with you long after you close the book when the last page is read. The emotional journey the reader takes with Evan through life is, at times, powerful and emotional. Through life’s twists and turns we see a man who finds a way to achieve his goals with faith and connecting with friends. SEVEN DAYS is more than one man’s life, it’s about accepting that life may close one door but always opens a new one when you least expect it.

SEVEN DAYS is an emotional story, one that I recommend having a box of Kleenex nearby for those tears. I laughed, I cried and I smiled as I read SEVEN DAYS and I, for one, am ready to return to Evan’s story again, just to experience it all over again. If you are looking for a heartfelt story that will leave you breathless, I suggest you take a look at SEVEN DAYS. Mr. Grey has another winner in his latest release and one I plan to read again soon. Each time I think he cannot get any better; the author flips the script and delivers another stellar performance in SEVEN DAYS. Kudos to Mr. Grey for creating this heartfelt, emotional story and I look forward to seeing what else this author may have in store for his beloved readers.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: