Tuesday, June 7, 2011

DREAMVEIL by Lynn Viehl

A Novel of the Kyndred
Publisher: Onyx/Penguin
Date published: June 1st, 2010
ISBN: 978-0-451-41288-1
Paranormal Romance
Mass Market Paperback
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Publisher


Rowan Dietrich knows that life can throw you curveballs with a blink of an eye. One minute you are going along nicely then BAM! Life decides to toss you on a path so rocky, you wonder if you will survive it in the end. Since leaving her abusive home, Rowan has struggled to survive on the streets. Those dark days still resonate within her and she is determined to find a new place to live, a new job and get on her feet. But Rowan has a secret, one she is determined to keep at all costs. Having the ability to “dreamveil” or by putting herself in other’s fantasies is a power she doesn’t want anyone to know she has.

When chef Jean-Marc Dansant helps her after an accident, she hopes life will be better…that is until Rowan finds herself in the cross hairs of not just the sinister GemHance Corporation but also a ruthless bounty hunter-each determined to have Rowan and her unique ability. Can Rowan find a way to survive and have her own happily ever after or will her house of cards fall down around her?

DREAMVEIL is a fast paced, action story that will have you on the edge of your seat from the very first page. I loved how this author captivated me till the very end. The writing was tight, the story flowed at an even pace and the characters were well written. There are a few plot twists I didn’t see coming and had me going “Oh my god!” a lot. This author does a great job in keeping the action and suspense going strong while making sure the plot doesn’t stop suddenly or have the reader lose interest after awhile. I haven’t read one of Kyndred stories in a while and found myself flipping the pages eager to see what would happen next for Rowan. There were characters from the first book back and a few new ones that had me wondering what their secrets are.

I have to stress that though you don’t need to read these books in order, I highly recommend that you do since many of the characters from the first few books of the Kyndred series and from the Darkyn series pop in and out in DREAMVEIL. I found Ms. Viehl’s latest Kyndred book to be a winner and I look forward to reading more of the Kyndred books in the future. If she keeps the intensity and roller coaster ride as she does in DREAMVEIL, I have a feeling she will find new fans. DREAMVEIL is a mixture of mystery, suspense, paranormal and lots of action. All which leave me clamoring for more. I can’t wait to see what is next for the Kyndred series from Ms. Viehl.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: