Thursday, July 28, 2011

SEDUCE ME IN DREAMS by Jacquelyn Frank

A Three Worlds Novel, Book 1
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Date published: March 22nd, 2011
ISBN: 978-0345517678
Futuristic Romance
Mass Market Paperback
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Publisher


Bronse Chapel is military man through and through but lately he is having dreams…really vivid dreams with a woman who stirs his every emotion and makes him wonder if he is going insane. Ravenna is the leader of the Chosen Ones, a group of people who have varied special powers. Finding that she was betrayed by her village people is a shock to her but night after night, she dreams of a strong man, one she knows will save her and her family. But danger looms for Bronse, Ravenna and their friends and family. Can they survive long enough to solve who is after Bronse and why before it is too late?

SEDUCE ME IN DREAMES is a roller coaster ride from start to finish. Jacquelyn Frank delivers a stellar debut story for her new series and one I couldn’t put down, even to go to sleep. Ms. Frank is a talented author who I love to read any given day. Her books are rich in characters that leave me greedy for more stories about them. All of her characters are unique, enjoyable and very well written. Bronse, Ravenna and all the rest of the secondary characters are no different. This cast of characters really took it up a notch, even when you know the story was about Bronse and Ravenna. The reader gets a glimpse into Bronse’s team member’s background and into Ravenna’s Chosen Ones Family. This cast of characters really made the book for me. There was enough angst, drama and more to keep my attention riveted even as I hurriedly flipped the pages to see what would happen next. Ms. Frank delivers a story that is well written, fast paced and full of action-either out in the field or in the bedroom. The reader is enthralled from the beginning. Granted the first book of a series is always the hardest to enjoy as the author sets up the world building and I found Ms. Frank did a great job in conveying the background for the Three Worlds series.

What I didn’t care for was the ending. It was too open ended which tells me there are more books to come which made me happy. It’s the waiting that will kill me as I wait for that next book in the Three World Series.

SEDUCE ME IN DREAMS is a well written, fast paced story that will knock you on your back with action packed adventure. This is an author who knows how to grab her readers’ imagination from the beginning and keep it until the very end of a book. All I know is I am eager to see what happens next in the next book.

If you are looking for a different sort of science fiction/paranormal story, then try SEDUCE ME IN DREAMS; a character rich story that will steal your heart and leave you eager for more. I cannot wait to read more about this exciting new world this author has created. I highly recommend SEDUCE ME IN DREAMS though I caution you; you may want to order the next book because you are going to want to know what happens next.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: