Monday, July 18, 2011

A WEREWOLF IN MANHATTAN by Vicki Lewis Thompson

A Wild About You Novel
Publisher: Signet
Date published: January, 2011
ISBN: 978-0451232472
Paperback
Werewolf,Romance
Reviewed by Valerie
Obtained by publisher


Although she doesn’t really believe in them Emma Gavin is a successful author of novels about werewolves. The last thing she thinks of is that she could actually meet one. But when her books catch the attention of a powerful and rich pack of Manhattan werewolves, she does just that in the form of Aidan Wallace. It seems she has described the lives of werewolves so well that the Wallace family is sure she is getting some inside information and she needs to be watched. Aidan spend three months watching the woman but doesn’t find any proof that she is meeting secretly with a werewolf. Still, he gets close to Emma and finds out that a werewolf wants to meet her and show her just exactly how true her stories are and it’s his job to stop him and keep the world from knowing that werewolves live among them. What he didn’t expect is his attraction to Emma. An attraction he can’t act upon as he is promised to another. So, his choice is…give in to the attraction and risk the security of the pack, or walk away from Emma when the job is done!

I absolutely loved this story. I couldn’t put it down and was pleased to be able to have the time to read it in one sitting. I loved the characters, the plot, the clever dialogue, the secondary characters, the action. This story has it all. It is an engrossing story and all the time I was rooting for Emma and Aidan that they could finally get their happy ending. The story twists and turns and keeps the reader riveted. It is also a very sensual story and the sexual tension is high between our hero and heroine. I must now start glomming the previous books and watch out for new ones. I just found out that there is an e-book coming out which is a story that bridges this one and the next paperback that is coming out.

I am sure that all of Ms Thompson’s fans have already devoured this story and I can highly recommend this for any fans of werewolf stories. This is going on my keeper shelf and when I can find the time, I will certainly read it again. I hope I can add the others soon!

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: