Thursday, October 6, 2011

LEARNING TO SAMBA by Johnny Miles

Publisher: Loose Id
Date published: August 2011
ISBN: 978-1-61118-564-5
ASIN: B005S5IZPY
Contemporary GBLT Multicultural
E-book
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Author


For romance author Brian Oliver, his life has been quite lonely after the loss of his lover/husband seven years before. Brian returns to his childhood home and finds something he never knew he was missing. Finding forgiveness with his sister and meeting a new guy, twenty-five year old intern, Joao de Silva who makes him feel alive again. Can Brian find a way to let the memories of his past love go so he can enjoy the promise of a new love with Joao?

I have got to admit, this is the first book I have read from author Johnny Miles and it had me racing for other books by this author. LEARNING TO SAMBA is a fun, emotional, sexy story that left me breathless till the very end. The writing was lyrical, story flowed nicely and the characters were so much fun. I felt Brian’s sadness as he dealt with the loss of his lover, Josh. The emotions go from sadness to excitement to falling in love with ease and I was eager to see how Brian and Joao would get their own happily ever after. Mr. Miles is a very talented author who knows how to draw his readers into a story and capture their imagination within a space of a few pages. From the moment I opened LEARNING TO SAMBA, I was enthralled till the very end. I just had to know what would happen between Joao and Brian.

Meet Brian Oliver. Still dealing with the loss of his lover and husband, Joshua, he has wandered all over Europe the last seven years, lost and lonely, looking for something he lost those years ago. Coming back to NYC and his family home, he finds himself reconnecting with his sister and her kids and meeting Joao, a handsome, sexy-and young-stud who leaves Brian reeling and at times, quite confused. I really enjoyed Brian. He really got to me as he tried to live again even though he knew there was something missing in his life. The connection between Brian and Joao was instant and my god the sparks flying between the two had me squirming in my seat. These two characters were absolutely perfect together and each filled something in the other. The secondary characters kept the story flowing nicely and at times, had me grinning with glee. The sex scenes are plentiful yet never hijack the story. Instead it enhances the growing love between Joao and Brian.

LEARNING TO SAMBA is more about man meets man, falls in love and lives happily ever after. It’s about two people working through their own issues, even as they fall in love, to see what really matters to them. Mr. Miles delivers a story that literally steals your heart and leaves you wishing for your own Latin stud muffin. If you are looking for a sexy, emotional and well written story, story, then grab LEARNING TO SAMBA and give Johnny Miles a try. This is an author who knows how to captivate his readers and leave them aching for more. I highly recommend LEARNING TO SAMBA and look forward to exploring more of this author’s work in the future.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

1 comment:

Johnny Miles said...

Dawn:

Thank you so very much for this wonderful review! I'm really glad you enjoyed "Learning To Samba."

Take care,

Johnny