Tuesday, January 31, 2012

THE TRIALS OF TAM by Amber Kell

The Larson Legacy Book 1
Publisher: Silver Publishing
Date publisher: November 5th, 2011
ISBN: 9781920502195
ASIN: B0064204SG
Paranormal, M/M
E-book
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by self-purchase


Tam Larson is a smart man, a genius even, who knows he will do whatever it takes to protect his family. But when his family is ordered to meet with a new alpha, Valko, to see if they can join Valko’s pack or not; Tam finds the one man he can’t boss around nor live without. For Valko, finding that the youngest Larson sibling is his mate has him in knots. There is something about Tam that has Valko’s protective instincts out in full force and his lust burning hot. Can these two strong willed men find a way to make their mating work or will Valko lose the one person meant to be his?

I have got to admit; I read this on Amber Kell’s blog and fell in love with the entire Larson family. Tam was funny, endearing and very loyal to his family plus he had that wicked side that had me grinning in delight. The writing was good, the characters well defined and the sexual tension between Tam and Valko made me grin as I reached for the ice cubes. There was more than one moment where I was laughing out loud over something Tam said or did to Valko. The characters are what make this book. The wild and madcap Larson family, Valko and his pack, a vampire boss and add them all together-BAM-instant chaos and pure entertainment. I was trying to figure out who I enjoyed more-Tam, Valko, Larson siblings, etc-when it hit me that I enjoyed them all. It’s a rare treat to find a story where I can enjoy all the characters equally and unabashedly.

Tam has a genius IQ who knows how to push back against anyone and anything that tries to hurt himself or his family. Valko is an alpha determined to win Tam over as his mate. Two strong willed men who find that both will need to compromise in order to get what they want. Both these two characters are perfect for one another. Amber Kell gives enough intriguing aspects to hook you and then adds in vulnerabilities, meddling families and more to keep the romance between Valko and Tam from getting stale. The sexual tension between these two is smoking hot and I swore sparks were flying off my nook reader. The secondary characters were as equally well written and just as intriguing. I can’t wait to see more of them in future books.

THE TRIALS OF TAM introduces the readers to a family of wolves who are loyal, protective of their own and love to meddle but you can feel the love they have for one another as well. Amber Kell delivers a wonderful story that though I felt could have been a bit more fleshed out and longer, was a satisfying read all the same on a cold winter’s afternoon. I am really eager to see what this author does for the rest of the Larson family siblings and who may be next in the love department. If you are looking for a light hearted and fun paranormal story. Then grab THE TRIALS OF TAM. I guarantee you will be giggling one minute and sighing the next.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: