Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Welcome Jamieson Wolf and a Contest


Contest information is at end of the interview. Please scroll down to see how to enter to win some cool prizes from Jamieson Wolf.

To get us started can you tell us a little about what you are working on or have coming out?

My new release is with Breathless Press. It’s a paranormal romance named Reaping Shadows. Here’s a bit about the novel:

Death has always been a lonely business.

Darion Muerte knows this first hand. Darion is a Reaper, one of those who gather the souls of the dead so that they can move on. He has been a Reaper for centuries. Accompanied only by his Shadow, a being that scouts for the dead, Darion has not been touched by another for over a thousand years.

That all changes when Darion meets Kale. Though mortals are not supposed to be able to see Reapers and their Shadows, Kale can see both of them. And his dark blue eyes see right into Darion.

Answering the call of passion that sets fire to his skin, Darion gives in to his needs and lets himself experience one night of passion. That is all he can take. And then Darion must make the ultimate sacrifice.

Darion must take Kale’s soul.

You can get your copy here:


 If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?

I’d say to start with Valentine and read their way on. It’s the first romance novel I ever wrote and there’s a lot of me in it. It’s also the prime example of what I write: men, who are flawed, looking for love-and finding it in the most bizarre of ways.
If you could entertain a character from a book, who would it be and what would the evening be like?
I think I’d love to entertain Anne of Green Gables most of all. I know, its pretty contrary to what I write, but she’s quite bright and I’d imagine us having a lovely cup of tea. Or Harry Potter. Meeting him would be a blast.
What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

I can’t write without music. I also don’t write every day. I write something every day, but not always my current work in progress. I’ll write a bit of something, let it simmer and then be off with it like a rocket for the finish. I’ve always written that way. J

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

One of the most surprising is the characters themselves. I’ve tried plotting before and will try it again. But if the character has something to say, or they want to do something, they’re going to do it-no matter what. I had to learn, as a writer, to let the characters tell the story.

It usually turns out the better for it.

If you had a reporter follow you around for the day, what would the readers get to see in your daily schedule?
Well, I work as an office planner during the weekdays. So currently, readers would get to see me doing all kinds of officey things. Then I come home and work on my current school work. I’m taking course in writing; you are never too young to learn something about the craft you love.
Then I would play some games and read on my iPad for a bit. After that, I would write, working on whatever I had going at the time. Then dinner, then more writing, then reading some more.
And perhaps a run of Temple Run or Plants VS Zombies before bedtime.
What does your workstation look like?
I try to keep my desk at home pretty neat. Right now it’s got my school stuff on it though: my binder, the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies books (I’m writing a non fiction piece on Zombie culture in literary media). I’ve also got my Harry Potter corkboard above my desk with all kinds of HP stuff. Yep, I’m a fanboy. LOL
Are you the type of individual who gets weepy at the end of a good movie, or a sad movie, or do you just stay neutral through it all?
Oh, I’m pretty emotional, so I cry at anything that’s good. I cry during movies (I cried during Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two in the theatres…sigh) and I cry if I’m reading a good book. If a movie or book has a good emotional pull, I’m all there.


What are you working on now?

I’m working on the outline of a five short book series, developing an iPad app for  book of short stories, writing a dark horror novel titled 69B and have started writing the second book in one of my trilogies. And I told myself I’d slow down this year…LOL

Where can readers find you on the web?

You can find me here:




 For fun:

What is your favorite pizza?

Hawaiian

What is one thing scientists should invent?

A self cleaning cat box.

Are you a morning person or a night person?

Oh, I’m a night owl.

When you looked in the mirror this morning, what was the first thing you thought?

Coffee.

Anything else you would like to add?

If you would like to buy Reaping Shadows, you can buy a copy of it here:


**Contest Information**

Jamieson Wolf is having a big blowout contest and wants to celebrate by giving away some e-books of his. All you need to do is email Dawn at dawn_roberto @ yahoo (dot) com (no spaces) with "Jamieson Wolf Contest" in subject line between January 31st-February 13th. 

On Feb. 14th, Jamieson will pick some random entries to win one of these books he is giving away:

Hard (Four Copies)
Hardening (Four Copies)
Harder (Four Copies)
Hard Glory(Four Copies)
Hardest (Four Copies)
The Hard Series (One Copy of Each Book)

Cupids Delight: Gods of Love Book 1 (Four Copies)
Copping a Feel: Gods of Love Book 2 (Four Copies)
The Gods of Love Trilogy (One Copy of the first 2 Book)

The Awakening (Five Copies)
Starlight, Starbright (Five Copies)

Reaping Shadows (Five Copies)

Remember, make sure to say in the email to "ENTER ME" and you are all set. 
Reaping Shadows by Jamieson Wolf
Releasing: January 20th, 2012
Erotica, gay, paranormal, jamieson wolf, m/m, surpernatural, reaper, shadow, adventure, gay/lesbian
Heat Rating: 3

Death has always been a lonely business. Darion Muerte knows this firsthand as a Reaper. But his world changes when he meets Kale.
Death has always been a lonely business.

Darion Muerte knows this firsthand. Darion is a Reaper, one of those who gathers the souls of the dead so they can move on. He has been a Reaper for centuries. Accompanied only by his Shadow, a being that scouts for the dead, Darion has not been touched by another for over a thousand years.

That all changes when Darion meets Kale. Though mortals are not supposed to be able to see Reapers and their Shadows, Kale can see both of them. And his dark blue eyes see right into Darion.

Answering the call of passion that sets fire to his skin, Darion gives in to his needs and lets himself experience one night of passion. That is all he can take. And then Darion must make the ultimate sacrifice.

Darion must take Kale's soul.


1 comment:

Patti P said...

Wow Thanks. I will be looking into these.
musicalfrog at comcast.net