Saturday, January 28, 2012

Welcome Raven McAllen today/Contest


CONTESTPRIZE:.Raven is giving away one E-copy of To Please A Lady to one lucky reader. Please leave a comment with your email address inside it to be entered to win this wonderful book. Winner will be announced int he comments section of this post on February 1st.

 
To get us started can you tell us a little aboutwhat you are working on or have coming out? I'm working on a short paranormal at the moment. a new thing for me.So far my paranormals have been YA. the next book I have due out is acontemporary cougar romance, The Price to Pay, Feb. 24th breathless press

 If someone hasn't read any of yourwork, what book would you recommend that they start with and why? Argh.thatis so difficult to chose. If you like regency and menage try To Please A lady.It's got a strong plot (i think) a feisty heroine and two to die for heroes. Ifyou like the idea of a cougar romance, The Price To Pay.
If you could entertain a character from a book, whowould it be and what would the evening be like? Ivo From Wallflowers don't Wilt. A quirky eveningof fine wine, good food (no corsets thankfully, he wouldn't appreciate them)and i'd ask him about his travels and the things he bought home with him. Ifyou read the book you'll know what sort of things he has VERY interesting. OrPeter Wohl from W EB Griffin Badge Of Honor series about Philadelphia cops. We'd go for a ride in his jag (wash yourmouths out) and eat in a good italian restaurant and drink red wine! I couldask him all those questions no one ever answers. Like what is Taylor ham and scrapple. and what's a condo!
What would you say is your interesting writingquirk? Chocolate. And wine atnight. And as it's so cold I often type in gloves. Not really interesting,sorry. I'd love to say I have to listen to Elgar or only wear silk next to myskin… but … sadly…

What was one of the most surprising thingsyou learned in creating your books? I can write! And There is no point inplotting in detail, my characters won't stick to it!

If you had a reporter follow youaround for the day, what would the readers get to see in your daily schedule? They'd probably fall asleep, bored. Get up (classyPjs and depending on time of year fleecy socks. Bearing in mind this could beanything from 3am onwards. Checkemails and twitter and write. Hear alarm if I'm already up, or be woken up ifnot and then do the above! Load dishwasher, make coffee, and write. Make coffeego for a walk in the forest with a friend and her six whippets. Talk plotseven though we know I won't stick to them. Get home eat, coffee, procrastinate(sorry exchange plot lines and ask for advice on Skype from my fellow critgroup members) realize I need to edit MOAN, have more coffee and scour thehouse for chocolate, realizing it has all gone. Start to edit/write. Realize Ineed to iron. Moan and iron. Write. Get stuck in to writing. Realize I need tomake dinner. Make it drink wine write sleep. (Wake up at 3am with a good plot, dress, gets up and write. forgetto go back to bed.) Hear DH alarm. Make coffee…..
What does your workstation look like? It's my lap. I write on a mac book air. However thesettee and coffee table are a mess. Notebooks tissues chocolate wrappers,coffee cups and two cats. But I know where to find my notes, coffee, cats, anddefinitely chocolate.
Are you the type of individual whogets weepy at the end of a good movie, or a sad movie, or do you just stayneutral through it all? I don'tlike the movies, sorry. It's too loud and I hate watching films in the dark. Iget a headache. I also get bored. However on the few occasions I do watchanything that makes me cry, I'm warned about it before hand given a box oftissues and told to cry quietly. I'm the same with a good book. I can finish itwith the typeprint blurry and the page soggy!
 
What are you working on now? Two adult M/s—my paranormal and a mystery. And Ihave a regency erotica, 3 M/M (2 of them in an antho) and also a very hot shortin an altho all before June.
As well as The Price toPay. And I'm half way through writing a YA shifter series under a differentname (naturally) First one due out in June.

Where can readers find you on the web? www.ravenmcallan.com and my blog is www.ravenmcallan.blogspot.comTwitter and Facebook Raven McAllan

For fun:

What is your favorite pizza? I hate cheese! I'm sick if I eat it. And I can'teat wheat anymore. So now home made no cheese chicken sweetcorn

What is one thing scientists should invent? A way of looking into a room before you go in, soif you don't like the company you can turn around. When I was at school theidea we all liked most was an eye on the end of your finger. (not to see upyour nose) to do the room looking for you!

Are you a morning person or a night person? Morning definitely, I write better, and get moredone when I wake up early.


When you looked in the mirror this morning, what wasthe first thing you thought? Help Ilook more like my mum each day, and darn my hair needs trimming

Anything else you would like to add?
 Thanks for letting merun loose here. That's brave of you. I can waffle for Britain.

 
To Please a Lady by Raven McAllen
Released:January 6th, 2012
Romance,erotica, historical regency, raven mcallan, ménage a more, regency romance,regency, ménage m/m/f
HeatRating: 3

When your lovers are loversthemselves, and want you to help them make the perfect triangle, what do yousay? Persuade me of course!

Unconventional, and happy, Hermione is in theenviable position of having not one, but two lovers to attend to her everyneed. That her lovers are lovers themselves, only adds to the equation.  Berry and Ran feel it’s time to make all their varioustwosomes, into one splendid threesome. Now all they have to do is persuadeHermione!

Being men, they are tooimpatient to wait for her answer. Being a woman, she isn’t going to be pushed,shoved or coerced into saying anything until she is good and ready.Patience is a virtue, and one her men needed to get.



3 comments:

Lee Brazil said...

Great interview, Raven!

Anonymous said...

What a fun interview :-)

I reckon Ivo would make a fantastic dinner guest!

DawnsReadingNook said...

Doris you won Raven's book. Please email love2read28@yahoo.com with your email addy.