Monday, February 20, 2012

ROUGH RIDE by Laura Baumbach

Book 2.5 in Rough Series
Publisher: MLR Press
Date Published: November 2011
ISBN 978-1-60820-454-0
ASIN B006FD10XW
Contemporary, Short Story, Gay (M/M), Holiday
E-book
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Publisher


James Justin lost his family the day he came out as a gay man. From then on, he has worked to bury the pain of their rejection. He has spent every holiday lonely since then. But his new lover/boyfriend, Bram Lord, has a plan up his sleeve to show James that love can be a long and winding road to a heart’s desire.

Laura Baumbach’s Rough series is one I absolutely fell in love with the moment I opened A BIT OF ROUGH (Book 1). From then on I was eager to see what Bram and James were up to and ROUGH RIDE is no exception. Granted this was a short, hot holiday novella, it is a powerhouse of emotions-from love, loneliness, lust and forgiveness-that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I have to admit, this just wetted my appetite for more of these two wonderful characters. Laura Baumbach is a stellar storyteller who delivers stories packed with heat and emotions. With the right amount of angst, emotional upheaval, lust and love playing out within the pages of the Rough series, the reader is transfixed, eager to see what is next for Bram and James.

ROUGH RIDE is a short, powerful story that continues James and Bram’s romance. Filled with a few twists I didn’t see plus lots of hot simmering sexual tension, I was enthralled till the very end. I can attest I was unable to put down the e-reader just to make dinner; I needed to find out what would happen next for these two. I absolutely adore James and Bram together. Opposites attract and in this case it works perfectly. One is a burly alpha male while the other is submissive but also an alpha too. These two just click together. You can see it the minute they step on the pages. This is an author who knows how to let her characters shine within the confines of the story and keep the reader guessing until the very end.

ROUGH RIDE is a perfect addition to this series and one I am hoping that will continue with more Rough stories. If you are looking for a fun, sensual story that will make you believe in love all over again. Laura Baumbach is a talented and magical author who delivers stories that will take your breath away. I can’t wait to see what else she has in store for her readers in the future.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of the book.

No comments: