Tuesday, April 3, 2012

PASSIONATE PLEASURES by Bertrice Small

A Pleasures Novel, Book 5
Publisher: NAL
Date published: August 3rd, 2010
ISBN 9780451227003
Contemporary Erotic Romance
Trade Paperback
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Publisher


For librarian Kathryn St. John, keeping up appearances and her private life being practically non-existenant was the norm. She was content with running the library she loved and enjoying privately the secret Channel, where any of her literary heroes can become her lover in fantasies she is sure the town of Egret Pointe would be shocked to discover about her. Then the new principal comes to town. Tim Blair took one look at prim and proper Miss Kathy and finds himself smitten. But trying to woo the reluctant Miss Kathy proves to be harder than he thinks...until Kathy finds herself Channel free. Now Kathy has to live without her fantasies on The Channel and see if reality is much better. Can Tim show her the pleasures two people in love can have if they let their hearts decide?

I love Ms. Small’s Pleasures series very much. They tell wonderfully romantic yet erotic stories that get your blood pumping and your imagination running wild. The stories are imaginative, keep me highly entertained and the characters that populate Ergret Pointe are diverse and intriguing. This is an author who knows how to tell a story, engage her reader’s imagination and steal their hearts with her wonderful cast of characters. The writing is tight, storyline flows nicely and the sex scenes enhance the storyline rather than taking it over, which is what I love about these books in the Pleasures Series.

Ms. Small is one of my absolute favorite authors to read and I could go on and on about how much I adore her books but I won’t bore you on that. If you haven’t picked up the any of the Pleasures Series books, don’t worry, you can read this one as a standalone title but it also ties in nicely with the other books as you meet the other main characters from some of the past books in PASSIONATE PLEASURES. I laughed, smiled and sighed when I read this fifth book and found myself more than once wondering when my honey would be home. Kathryn’s fantasies were erotic, hot and quite delightful. She didn’t take them seriously which appealed to me. She was also self-confidant which made me extremely happy. She enjoyed sex, was independent and to top it off, was not arrogant. Ms. Small hit it perfectly with this heroine in my opinion. I loved the sparks between Tim and Kathy. They had obvious chemistry but they took it slow and the sexual tension building between them was smoking hot. The characters were relatable, enjoyable and I found myself wishing to go to Ergret Pointe just to meet them all and maybe experiencing The Channel myself.

A lighthearted and sexy story, PASSIONATE PLEASURES delivers a hot story to enjoy on a cool autumn night. If you are looking to experience one Ms. Small’s stories, then I highly suggest one of the Pleasures Novels to enjoy. I just recommend keeping the fan on high or a bucket of ice nearby to cool you down. I look forward to the final Pleasures Novel and to see how this talented author ends her enthralling series.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: