Sunday, October 21, 2012

SWEET ADDICTION by Maya Banks



Sweet Series Book 6
Publisher: Penguin/Berkley Heat
Date published: April 3rd, 2012
ISBN: 978-0-425-24565-1
Paperback
Contemporary Erotic Romance, BDSM
Reviewed by Dawn (love2read28@gmail.com)
Obtained by Publisher



Cole is successful-more than he ever dreamed he would be but he longs for the chance to show the one woman he left behind so long ago all he has accomplished. What he never anticipated was that she would belong to another. Renita’s submissive awakening happened with Cole but when something happened that one night years before, Cole walked away from Renita and their relationship, leaving Ren heartbroken. Now as she walks besides her current Master, Lukas, Ren is strong, knows what she likes and desires and isn’t unapologetic about it. But when her Master gives her to Cole for two weeks, Renita finds the heat between her and Cole is still hot as ever. But what will happen when Ren goes back to her life with Lukas and leaves Cole behind?

I have got to admit, this was the first time I picked up one of this author’s books and I have to say, SWEET ADDICTION was one wild ride from start to finish.  I have to be very clear; this is not for the faint at heart or if you enjoy those stories that are like BDSM-lite. It gets very explicit and kinky at times and some scenes shocked even me. The writing is tight, story flows swiftly and my god, those sex scenes had me blushing at times and wondering if my book was going to go up in flames in my hands.

This is the story about Cole, who was a secondary character in earlier books it seems, who years later is a wealthy and confidant man, dominant and is longing for the one woman that he let get away-Renita, his childhood sweetheart. Shocked to see she belongs to another Master, he persuades Master Lukas to let Cole have her for two weeks. In those two weeks, wounds heal, passion flares between the two and problems abound for Ren loves not just Cole but Lukas as well. Maya Banks delivers one dark erotic ride from start to finish. It is really not for the faint of heart. I have to say I loved the connection between Lukas and Renita. You get a sense at how deep their feelings run for one another. When Cole came onto the picture, I was a little unnerved. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to like this cocky guy who seemed to want what he threw away years before, namely Renita. It took a bit but by mid-way I was enjoying Cole and Renita’s scenes even though I was wondering where Lukas played in this story. I do have to say for my first introduction into the Sweet series by this author, I was pleasantly surprised. This was a darkly erotic, no holds barred look into a D/s lifestyle and one woman’s conflicted emotions bring this to a new level.

SWEET ADDICTION is a story not only of one woman’s past but also of her future. The ending may shock you as Renita makes a choice between her past Master and her present one but I found it to be a little too pat for me, in my opinion, though it may appeal to other readers. If you enjoy a little darker edge to your BDSM stories, SWEET ADDICTION will be a perfect jewel to read…though make sure your significant other or a bag of ice is nearby to help cool you down. Those sex scenes sizzle! I am definitely looking into the rest of the Sweet Series books now as there were a few secondary characters mentioned that seemed to be part of the earlier books. Be drawn into Ren’s sexual submissive journey as she finds love and allows her heart to feel again.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: